🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » LinkedIn Account Link
Page options
gray_renee
Community Member

LinkedIn Account Link

How do I link to my LinkedIn account? It does not show up as an option in that section, as does Facebook, Google, etc. I resorted to linking to it through my Portfolio section for now.

Thank you for your assistance.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Renée, you understand correctly.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
petra_r
Community Member

@Renee G wrote:

How do I link to my LinkedIn account? It does not show up as an option in that section, as does Facebook, Google, etc. I resorted to linking to it through my Portfolio section for now.

Thank you for your assistance.

DO NOT link to any outside sites that offer a way to contact you! That is strictly against the terms of service! The "linked accounts" are purely for internal purposes, they do NOT show anywhere on your profile.

So we can't share a link to LinkedIn where people can view our existing recommendations? I thought I had read somewhere that you can link to LinkedIn in addition to the other social sites.

You can't show any private  contact information on your public profile, which includes any form of social media. However, you can give these details in a proposal. 

Thank you. To make sure I understand, I can provide my contact information, to include my phone, email, and LinkedIn link in the proposal itself? If so, that's great. I just spent some time snapping screenshots of my recommendations and adding them to my portfolio per someone else's comment in another thread.

It is quite silly that links to FB, Linked in etc, cannot be on our profiles. These sites are where large numbers of potential 'customers' are found.  An exchange between these social media sites and Upwork would greatly boost overall exposure. I feel like not providing these links on upwork user profiles is related to ulterior upwork motives? Correct me if I am wrong.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Renee, 

An option to link a LinkedIn profile isn't available anymore. Linked accounts have been used historically by our system to understand different aspects of your professional background.You can still add more information to your profile about your skills and experience instead or link accounts that are currently available under Profile Settings.

~ Avery
Upwork

Thank you. I added screenshots of my recommendations in the Profile section and also received a response that I can include my personal contact information in the proposal ... to include the LinkedIn link? (just double checking)

Renée, you understand correctly.

Thank you all.

febe_d
Community Member

Hi there,

Please be so kind to provide an answer as to why this is the case?

It's a very counterproductive move on Upwork's part, if I may be so blunt.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths