🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Linkedin photo not accepted
Page options
banegas_joseph
Community Member

Linkedin photo not accepted

Hi! Uploading my Linkedin photo, form is giving error of ‘need 250 pixels by 250 pixels’. I increased the size of the photo, still not accepted. It is a clear picture, mainly my face, as guidelines,good light, etc. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance for your help on this matter.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

It would be a big mistake to try to use a LinkedIn photo when trying to create a new account.

One runs the risk that the photo could be googled using image search, and many matches could be found, including matches on pages which have the names of other people in prominent places. Leading a searcher to conclude that a fake photo is being uploaded.

It sounds kind of goofy, I know, but it is a real risk, and not worth messing around with. Use a new photo when trying to create a new Upwork profile in order to avoid problems like that.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

It would be a big mistake to try to use a LinkedIn photo when trying to create a new account.

One runs the risk that the photo could be googled using image search, and many matches could be found, including matches on pages which have the names of other people in prominent places. Leading a searcher to conclude that a fake photo is being uploaded.

It sounds kind of goofy, I know, but it is a real risk, and not worth messing around with. Use a new photo when trying to create a new Upwork profile in order to avoid problems like that.

Also, avoid taking a small image file, such as from a LinkedIn page, and up sampling it in order to make it bigger. This will not result in a quality file. Start with a larger image file, such as created using a digital camera, and use that or make it smaller.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Joseph,

Please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser, if you`re still experiencing the same problem after this let me know what type of browsers did you used. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths