Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can I share my upwork profile in facebook

imakamel
Community Leader
Iman K Member Since: Jan 30, 2017
1 of 9

Hi ,

I am asked by Upwork to link my Upwork profile/account with a social media account. But from the options available I don't find a linkedin button. Is it possible to link my Upwork profile with my Linkedin Profile? I have found questions from people who wished to do the other way round from Linkedin to Upwork. Thank you so much. Warmest. 

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 9

Hi Iman,

An option to link a LinkedIn profile isn't available anymore. Linked accounts have been used historically by our system to understand different aspects of your professional background. You can still share that information via the profile set up itself and other linked accounts.

~ Valeria
Upwork
imakamel
Community Leader
3 of 9

Thank you dear Valeria for your swift response. However I couldnt quite get the second half of your answer "You can still share that information via the profile set up itself". Could you kindly elaborate? You mean I could share my Linkedin Link on my profile for example? With my warmest regards. Iman

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 9

re: "You mean I could share my Linkedin Link on my profile for example?"

You can't do that.

Your profile can be suspended if you include your LinkedIn link on your profile page.

imakamel
Community Leader
5 of 9

Ok I got it! So that means, I could include aspects of my Linkedin profile into my Upwork profile, but there are possibilities of linking both accounts together? Thank you very much for your swift response. With my warmest regards. Iman

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
6 of 9

Iman,

As Preston clarified, you can't add a link to your LinkedIn profile or any other pages that contain your contact information to your profile. You can add more information to your profile about your skills and experience instead or link accounts that are currently available under Profile Settings.

~ Valeria
Upwork
imakamel
Community Leader
7 of 9

Thanks Valeria, I got it Smiley Happy

With my warmest regards. Iman

bernadooo
Bernard M Member Since: Sep 18, 2015
8 of 9

I was advised to remove the LinkedIn link. Initially they could allow but not anymore.

tarikul0153
Mohammed Tarikul I S Member Since: Jun 11, 2017
9 of 9

I would like to get client from social media, So I share my account to social media then is there any problem

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS