🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Literally New to Upwork
Page options
joeygallardo
Community Member

Literally New to Upwork

Hi,

I am looking for a part-time or full-time job here on Upwork, but I am frustrated because there's no one replying to my proposals.

Could someone check my profile on what to improve or edit? 

Thank you so much for your help. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Complete your Upwork Profile and increase your price to $6 per hour. View my Profile to see what a complete profile looks like.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
ognjeni
Community Member

Hi Joey,

It takes time and a bit of practice to start. You are new to Upwork so clients need to notice you in order to get some replies but patience is key

Complete your Upwork Profile and increase your price to $6 per hour. View my Profile to see what a complete profile looks like.

Thank you! 

Any tips on where to start? Any suggestions on what to apply?

Check the profiles of top rated sellers related to your field. Try to send proposal in first 5. Don't apply on those jobs where already many proposal sent or client has sent invites. Mostly clients select from invites.

You can offer projects too,where buyer can buy directly.

2b49007f
Community Member

UpWork actually has a YouTube channel which features discussions on how to write great proposals and create a fantastic profile. That helped me so much, and I highly recommend checking it out!

Thank you Rebecca!

naty-jaramillo
Community Member

Hi!

It's hard at first, I know.

As general tips: make sure your profile is complete, no grammar issues, its clear and make sure that you have your portfolio there. For me, I only got my first job when I added a portfolio.

Also, a very important thing is your cover letter. Make sure the text you´re sending is perfect and solves the query for the client: If the client says he needs an organic translation, make sure you say "my translations are organic"... and stuff like that.

Hope this can help you!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths