🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Local Bank Withdrawl - Kiwibank New Zeala...
Page options
dc7a210b
Community Member

Local Bank Withdrawl - Kiwibank New Zealand

Hi,

I am trying to 'Get Paid' and have select Local bank transfer as an option. 

I am located in New Zealand and use Kiwibank as my bank. When I enter in my account number, it says I have an invalid bank number and wonder if Im entering it incorrectly (e.g. the number of zeros, etc). 

Was wondering if someone with experience in withdrawling from New Zealand can help. 

Thanks, 

5 REPLIES 5
JoanneP

Hi Joshua,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
nikki-moore
Community Member

Did you get this sorted out and get paid OK? I added in lots of extra 0s to make it conform to what they are asking for but it makes me feel like I'm not going to get paid because it doesn't look like an NZ bank account number... 

Hi Nikki, 

I'm sorry for the delay as I had to look into this further. A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you to assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
rukshith-zoysa
Community Member

Hi All, 

Is this been resolved already? whats the best way to get the direct bank account setup from upwork to NZ bank accounts

My reading of this is to follow these steps:

Swift Code: KIWINZ22XXX

BSB: is the first 6 digits of your account which is usually 38 then the branch ID next 4 digits, eg 38-9050 become 389050.

Account Number: Take the range of numbers from your account AFTER the first six as you've used them in the BSB section.

Now if this code is under the required 12 characters, which it almost certainly will be (around 9), pad the suffix with zeros.

For example, if your account number is 0520304-02 pad => 0520304-00002 and input 052030400002 (no hyphen)

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths