🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Location and verification
Page options
olumuyiwa009
Community Member

Location and verification

Hello there, 

I am new to upwork and I need to ask some questions so I don't violate the platforms TOS. I have read different discussions but I think it would be better if I ask the upwork community directly.

First, I travel a lot, especially between Africa, Canada and USA. Do I have to change my location anytime I travel to a new country? 

And I have dual citizenship, can I use any of my government issued cards for I.D verification irrespective of the country?

Please I need some clarifications on these. 

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "First, I travel a lot, especially between Africa, Canada and USA. Do I have to change my location anytime I travel to a new country?"

No.

It is not Upwork's intention that you change the location on your profile when you travel.

If you move to a new place, then you need to change your location.

re: "And I have dual citizenship, can I use any of my government issued cards for I.D verification irrespective of the country?"

Upwork's location identification is not based on citizenship. It is based on where you live.

If you live in Canada, then Upwork will expect you to show government-issued ID from Canada - ID which confirms that you live there.

Thanks for the reply Preston.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths