🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Logged in one user to two devices(home an...
Page options
philippe0726
Community Member

Logged in one user to two devices(home and office). Is it against the Upwork ToS?

Hello
I would like to know about one problem because I am new to Upwork.
I used to work on Upwork at home normally but today, I go to my office and I logged in my Upwork account at my office. Of course, different IP.
And I withdrew the money to my Payoneer account because I need money urgently, and I forgot the sign out.
My office is not far away from my house.
I get to home and also logged in my account but I just noticed the strange email that "Was this you? unknown device or browser was logged in my account". Actually, it was me at my office. In this case, one account was logged in at two devices. I noticed that my account was logged in at my office and I forgot the signout.
And I immediately ran into the office and logged out the account. Because I knew logging in one account at two pcs are dangerous.
In this case, Is it against the Upwork ToS or Can I ignore it?
I hope you give me the correct answer.

Best regards,
Philippe

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Philippe,

Yes you can continue working on your contracts. 
I mentioned always to make sure to log out of your account for security reasons. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Philippe,

Rest assured this is not a violation of our TOS. The notification that was sent to you was just a security notification.
I would also suggest always to make sure that you`re logged out from your account when you`re changing your location.

If any inconsistencies are noticed our team may reach out to you via ticket and ask you to verify some details of your profile. If you have any additional questions let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, Goran

Thanks for your answer.

So In this case, I didn't log out when I was changing the location because of my lack of memory. 🙂
Can I work as normal from now?

Hi Philippe,

Yes you can continue working on your contracts. 
I mentioned always to make sure to log out of your account for security reasons. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths