🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Looks like scam!!!
Page options
sharjeelqadir
Community Member

Looks like scam!!!

I was working on client's project. The offer was accepted, the money was held in escrow and today I got notification your proposal was declined and offer has been expired. What is this? Please can anyone help me?

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

@Sharjeel Q wrote:

I was working on client's project. The offer was accepted, the money was held in escrow and today I got notification your proposal was declined and offer has been expired. What is this?

Is there a contract in your my jobs page?

Did you actually accept the offer correctly? As i through the proper interface, rather than typing "I accept" in messages or something like that?

And NO! - it does not "look like scam" - it looks like you failed to accept the offer (properly) so no contract was ever created.

Thank you very much for reply.

Yes may be that could be my mistake. But I have messages history where I have shared the work and did revisions for work. The client said I have confirmed the offer and want to proceed with you. Because of that may be I don't actually accepted offer(I am a newbie).

Maybe, it is done mistakenly(I am newbie) but what will happen now. Can anyone help me? Moreover, on the job offer it was written budget($$$) Funded.

@Sharjeel Q wrote:

Moreover, on the job offer it was written budget($$$) Funded.

Yes, but you never ACCEPTED it.

Apologize to your client, ask them to make the offer again please and tell them to deduct the 2.75% they paid and have now lost (and will have to pay again when they make you a new offer...)

In future do not forget to accept an offer.

Hi Sharjeel,

Just to confirm that you were sent an offer but you never accepted it and that is why it has expired.

In order to be eligible for our Upwork Payment Protection you will need to be hired on a official contract and fulfill the criteriums required. Upwork Payment Protection consists of two sub-programs: Protection for hourly contracts and fixed price contracts.

At this moment you have the option to communicate with your client to resend their offer.

Additionally, I would strongly suggest to check out the Safety First section of this thread and learn more about how you can protect yourself. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths