cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing My hope! :(

Jahid S Member Since: Apr 2, 2017
1 of 5

I have seen that there are so many work in your market place. But for the beginer it's very tough to get work. One of the major problem for me  is "Preferred Qualifications". Almost all the works are out of my upwork skill. What can I do know? Without getting job how I can improve my qualification in your place? Should I apply for those type of work? Will it occur any porblem to my profile? 

I will wait for your answers, suggestions and advice.

regerds,

Jahid Soton

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
2 of 5

@Jahid S wrote:

One of the major problem for me  is "Preferred Qualifications". Almost all the works are out of my upwork skill. What can I do know? Without getting job how I can improve my qualification in your place? Should I apply for those type of work? Will it occur any porblem to my profile?  

Jahid, it's PREFERRED qualificatiions, not REQUIRED qualificatiions, so you can apply and it won't cause a problem with your profile. If other freelancers who meet the qualifications also apply, you might be at a disadvantage, so explain in your cover letter why you are a good fit for the job. Good luck!

3 of 5

Jahid S , 

I read your post and I just want to let you know not to  give up your passion in freelancing.  First thing you need to do to improve your chances for clients to review your profile is you have to improve your English spellings. Here are three words that you made a mistake on when putting the words in a sentence. 

1. porblem = wrong

problem= correct.

2. beginer= wrong

beginner= correct.

3. regerds = wrong

regards= correct

The best way to find your misspellings is there is a icon at the top of your text screen that has ABC and then a check mark underneath the three letters. Click on that icon and it will find all your problems. 

I hope this help you out because I'm new to the website to and I'm looking to land  my first position to. 

Jahid S Member Since: Apr 2, 2017
4 of 5

OH NO! I just made so many mistakes on my post. Smiley Sad Thanks for your informational comments.

Please help me to delet or edit this post now. Thanks.

Community Guru
Bojana D Member Since: May 2, 2011
5 of 5

Suggestions: 

• change your profile picture to something of better quality - you're a professional who works with visuals and should be familiar with the importancce of a good image;
  • work on your English. The test result doesn't help you and neither does the overview;
  • add better samples to your portfolio, even if you have to do personal projects to showcase what you can do. Currently your best work there is the UX/UI design sample, the rest is OK but not eye-catching or striking enough. Add more of that level of quality and you should be good. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS