🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Losing connects to scammers
Page options
christian_stone
Community Member

Losing connects to scammers

I am new to upwork. I have applied to over 30 jobs. Every person that has contacted me from jobs I applied for were either scammers or were being scammed. How are we supposed to feel comfortable talking to anyonw on this site? Now I have no connections and can not apply for anymore jobs. What a joke.
3 REPLIES 3
JoanneP

Hi Christian,

I am sorry to hear about your experience. I'd like to check on this for you. Could you please send me a PM with the link to the job posts you mentioned so I can check with the team? You can read more on this help article and also, please check out Tips to avoid questionable jobs. Here's another helpful article that you may want to read to learn more about how you can stay safe on Upwork. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
lobatoe
Community Member

My first interview of today and I have the same issue. They even went in as far as to say an email check for me to print. The sent check was to buy the needed items for the job and they couldn’t even provide proper credentials. What a joke
petra_r
Community Member

Estefanie L wrote:
My first interview of today and I have the same issue. They even went in as far as to say an email check for me to print. The sent check was to buy the needed items for the job and they couldn’t even provide proper credentials. What a joke

You may want to check Upwork's terms of service before applying to any more jobs. You violated Upwork's terms of service by communicating with a "client" outside of Upwork and by accepting payment outside of the platform.

Those rules are in place (at least partly) to protect you from scammers, so by not violating the terms of service you can protect yourself from getting scammed (and from your account being suspended, too).

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths