Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing "Rising Talent" due to inactivity

leventunver
Levent U Member Since: Jan 27, 2017
1 of 11

Hi,

I got an email yesterday that I am awarded with "Rising Talent" status. Actually, I haven't even started yet. I just joined Upwork a few days ago.

When I read the below document, I understand that I will lose my badge, if I don't do anything for 30 days after joining Upwork. I should also be active for the last 90 days.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063228-Become-a-Rising-Talent?flash_digest=237db4b3c...

The thing is, I may not be available for the next 1 month or so. My plan was to join here and then create a profile to introduce myself to the freelance world before finishing my other work. I wasn't expecting any kind of responsibilites at the beginning. What should I do now? I don't want to start submitting proposals and I don't want to lose my opportunity either. Should I worry about the badge?

Note: My profile is 90% completed. In order to claim the award, I have to make my profile 100% complete . I didn't do that on purpose and I will decide according to the response.

Thanks in advance.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 11

Hi Levent,

Unfortunately, you can lose your Rising Status if you don't submit proposals for more than a month as it's only of the requirements for the program. You will get it back once you become active again and if you still qualify though.

~ Valeria
Untitled
leventunver
3 of 11

Hİ Valeria,

Thanks for the answer. Let me check if I get it correctly. Assume that, I lost my badge after being inactive for 40 days. After 40 days, I finish my personal work and turn back to Upwork to start freelancing. I submit a proposal and I get my badge back if I still qualify. (In my case, I believe it's my profile.) Is that correct? It doesn't sound like losing actually, if I get it again on my first activity. As far as I understand, It wouldn't me effect me or my reputation on the system. I can still benefit from this program. Do I get it right?

Thanks.

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
4 of 11

It seems you lost it already, but don't worry about it. Once you become active on Upwork, and have a 100% profile, and (perhaps, not always) a couple of completed jobs with good feedback, you will probably get it back again.

The metric for rising talent is  mystifying.

This widget could not be displayed.
5 of 11
This widget could not be displayed.

@Nichola L wrote:

It seems you lost it already, but don't worry about it. Once you become active on Upwork, and have a 100% profile, and (perhaps, not always) a couple of completed jobs with good feedback, you will probably get it back again.

The metric for rising talent is  mystifying.

Indeed, I have seen a profile with a rising talent badge and one single job for three months already.

leventunver
6 of 11

@Nichola L, They sent me an email saying that, if I complete my profile I will be awarded with "Rising Talent" badge. I joined Upwork on Jan/24 and on Jan/27 they sent me the badge. I wouldn't lose it in 2 days, would I? 

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
7 of 11

If I was an enterprising individual and not sending bids was teh only reason for not keeping the badge but didn't need upwork for a month or whatever, I'd bid and just throw the bids.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
BEST ANSWER
8 of 11

Levent,

In order to qualify for the badge, you need to be active on the platform, which means regularly submitting fitting proposals for the jobs that match your skill set. If you do that and meet other requirements for the Rising Talent program, you'll get the badge.

~ Valeria
Untitled

View solution in original post

leventunver
9 of 11

Thanks to everyone for their helpful answers. I think, I've had more than enough information to keep on using the system. Great community!

3f2caacc
Katherine E Member Since: Feb 23, 2017
10 of 11

Hi Valeria, I joined upwork 2 years ago, did one job, then was inactive for 2 years and now I started again with mor eenthusiasm and power. Would I be eligible again if i meet the other criteria? Thank you.