🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Making an account abroad - location?
Page options
sulayman123
Community Member

Making an account abroad - location?

Hello,

I'm a developer from London but I am making an Upwork account in Poland where I will remain for 7 weeks.

Can I put that I'm in London on my account? Or must it be Poland?

Regards,

Sully

4 REPLIES 4
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Sulayman,

When you`re moving for a short period of time there's no need to update your location. You will need to update your location only when you`re moving for a longer period of time. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Goran,
As you mentioned earlier "Longer period of time " Here longer period of means how many days do you consider is not longer period of time. I have plane to travel abroad after pandemic period. So, could you please make me clear about it ?
Hope to hearing back from you.
Sincerely thanks 

Hi Mohammad,

We can't advise on the time-frame but if you're not moving to the country of your arrival or planning to say for longer, you don't need to update your location. That said, please make sure to communicate your actual location to clients on jobs that entail working from a certain location/region.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Vladimir G wrote:

Hi Mohammad,

We can't advise on the time-frame but if you're not moving to the country of your arrival or planning to say for longer, you don't need to update your location. That said, please make sure to communicate your actual location to clients on jobs that entail working from a certain location/region.

I guess he wants to visit his LinkedIn twin in New York.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths