🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Manual Time hours not showing in client's inv...
Page options
vladimirbarson13
Community Member

Manual Time hours not showing in client's invoice

Hello Community,

With the client's consent, I have added 5 hours of manual time to my weekly limit for the week of May 31 - June 6. Based on Upwork forums, those additional hours will be included to my weekly limit (which I exceeded) in the invoice to the client. Today, I checked the pending invoice for the said week and it did not include the hours I've added.

How should I bring this up to the client with whom I have a good relationship? Should I tell them to pay me the 5 hours as a bonus?

I also have added manual time for last week which is now up for review.
Is there anything I can do now to make sure the extra hours are added automatically next week?

Looking forward to your reply for my peace of mind =).

Regards,

Vladimir Barson

1 REPLY 1
petra_r
Community Member

Vladimir B wrote:

With the client's consent, I have added 5 hours of manual time to my weekly limit for the week of May 31 - June 6. Based on Upwork forums, those additional hours will be included to my weekly limit (which I exceeded) in the invoice to the client. Today, I checked the pending invoice for the said week and it did not include the hours I've added.

Time in excess of the weekly limit is never billed and doesn't appear anywhere except for the work diary.It is not billed, charged, or paid at all. Instead of asking the client to add manual time, you should have asked the client to increase the weekly limit instead.

It's too late for that now. The client can pay you for the excess hours as a bonus

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths