cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual hours without downloading desktop app

Susan F Member Since: May 1, 2017
1 of 8

I've tried to download the Upwork Desktop App and it just isn't happening.  How do I charge manual hours without downloading the app software?

Thanks.

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
2 of 8

You must first get permission from your client as to whether or not they will allow manual hours. Some clients do, some don't ... but that's where you have to start.

More info here:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068488-Add-Manual-Time

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 8

I have never used the desktop application to charge manual hours. I simply use the Report page in the Upwork freelancer-side website, using any browser.

4 of 8

When you say you use the Report page, I need more clarification.  What specifically do you do to create a report?

Thanks for your answer.

Susan

Venkateswara Rao B Member Since: Apr 14, 2017
5 of 8

When you are hired, your client would specify whether he allows effort logging manually. If you find that on your contract, then you take the acceptance from your client before logging effort manually, Make sure you discuss this on Upwork chat itself rather than the 3rd party communication channel. But always it is better to use the desktop app.

Please do check if your popup blocker is blocking the download. Ideally you should be able to download without any issues

Thanks

Venkat

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
6 of 8

Hi Susan,

Please check the Help Article Virginia shared and make sure the option to add manual time is enabled for your contract. However, before you go through with adding the hours manually, can you please try downloading the Desktop app from this link and let me know the specific details about the problem your facing with using the app?

7 of 8

I sent an email to my customer to enable the manual hours.  Waiting for that.

When it comes to downloading the Desktop App, I see that it's downloaded but then I get a message that says the updater can't delete the old application.  But, I don't have an old application.  Then it akss if I want to force exit Upwork.  I say yes, but nothing happens.  My next thing to do is to remove it from my system and start again.

The only thing I can think of is that my virus software is blocking it.  However, I don't know how to temporarily disable the 360 total security software to let the Upwork App work.

Do you have any ideas about how to temporarily disable the software so I can upload the App?

Thanks.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
8 of 8

Hi Susan,

If there is still another version of the app installed on your computer, it can cause issues with the new version you are installing. You may want to search your system to make sure all older versions have been removed.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to advise on your antivirus, but usually there is an option in antivirus settings to allow or unblock certain programs. 

Check out these help articles for more troubleshooting tips.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS