🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Manual time
Page options
jomari_v
Community Member

Manual time

Since I am new to upwork, I don't really know the tracker but the client allow me to use manual time instead. What should I do to those hours unpaid? Can I still contact my client to pay those or it just be wasted?

17 REPLIES 17
efc5e71c
Community Member

Silly mistake, if the client doesnt want to pay manual time, you just worked for free.

Only time tracked using the tracker is protected by upwork.

They make it very clear.

My client told me she wil pay for those but how?

Jomari, if your contract allows manual time, just go tp your work diary, click the plus icon, and add your time.

If you can't record manual time, your client can still use the "Pay bonus" tool.

Thomas is not saying you won't get paid. He is just warning you to be careful and learn more about manual time. As long as your clients are 100% honest, you will always get paid for your manual time.

1.Submit the hours work using manual time in your work diary,
2.cross your fingers

Just submit the time worked and talk to her.

I always submit on time but probably she was not always online. Like for example Nov 30 to Dec 6, i didn't receive any payment for my work, can she still pay for that?

Hi Jomari,

For hourly contracts, your client is automatically invoiced for the hours you logged, whether tracked or added as manual time, is automatically invoiced to your client using the schedule below.

• Week 1 – You log time using the Upwork Desktop App (Time Tracker)
  • Week 2 – Your time is invoiced to your client on Monday and they have until Friday to review your work
  • Week 3 – Earnings become available on the following Wednesday

To learn more about how hourly contracts work, please check the following help articles: 

Get Paid for Hourly Contracts

Weekly Billing Cycle

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne
What is the diff between tracked and manual hours? Does tracked mean it is logged via desktop app? Are there two option in the desktop app ? I haven't yet used it co I used to log work diary only.
Why are manual hours not covered and depends of clients discretion to pay or ignore? Should we always log or time via upwork desktop app ?

re: "I always submit on time but probably she was not always online."

You get paid automatically. Doesn't matter if a client is online.

I have been using Upwork for six years. I have never checked to see if a client is "online."

Hi
What is separate tracker app? And why is it not available online? If manual hours are of no significance & content can choose to not pay then what is that for?

Hi Tanuj,

For hourly contracts, you will need to download the Upwork Time Tracker App and use it to log the hours you work. As for manually added hours, you can add them to your work diary. This option can be enabled or disabled by your client. You can check this help article for more information. You might want to read this help article to learn more about Upwork Hourly protection

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne,

The Desktop app isnt wokring on my machine . It was  the first itme installation that I did.

I hvae logged an issue here https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Manual-Time-or-App-Tracking/td-p/853273/jump-to/first-un...

Hi,

Happy New Year Team,

I have few queries about Manual Time Entery and App tracking. 

Query 1: What is the diff between tracked and manual hours? Does tracked mean it is logged via desktop app? Are there two option in the desktop app ? I haven't yet used it co I used to log work diary only. Why are manual hours not covered and depends of clients discretion to pay or ignore? Should we always log or time via upwork desktop app ?

Query 2: I have tried installing the Upwork Desktop App  64bit version and 32 bit version on my Windows 10 Laptop,  via Admin mode, but I get error. Either of them should get installed.

I remove uninstall the prev installation before attempting the other.

I just reinstalled the app. Somewhow it woked. But  if I open the Desktop App in "Run as Admin" mode, it opens a small window which blank (attached snapshot)

But If I run it without Admin mode, it throws the same error i attached previously

Fixed Price and Manual Time is available online in the upwork website. But then Why the Hourly needs to be tracked by the Deskptop App ? Why is the Hourly tracking not available to be logged thru website. while the app doesnt work properly even when fresh installation is done.

Hi Tanuj,

Could you please try the troubleshooting steps shared here? Please let us know if you still experience trouble with the desktop app. I'd also recommend that links I included in my response for more information.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne
The steps mentioned on that page did not solve the issues. I have tried installing other exe and they are installing and working fine but upwork app does not seems to get installed like other exe.

If I open the app in non admin mode it throws the error I pasted earlier. If I open the app in admin mode it shows a blank popup and I kept it open for quite long but nothing loads there

Hi Tanuj,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths