🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » ** Marketing
Page options
atravis444
Community Member

** Marketing

I just started with Upwork and got contacted by **Edited for Community Guidelines**. They asked if I had an Amazon Prime account. They want me to purchase products off Amazon to try and test for them for pay. They say once I purchase, they will refund that purchase right away. Has anyone done this and is it legit?

Thanks from a newbie!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

April:

You can flag this job post using the "Flag as inappropriate" link button on the job posting page.

The people you are talking to are trying to involve you in a known scheme that Upwork doesn't allow. Amazon.com doesn't allow paid reviews of this sort and you could lose your Amazon.com account if you get caught doing this.

Upwork officially supports Amazon.com in this matter. So this is a violation of Upwork ToS as well.

Is this "legit?"

Based on what I have read in the Forum and learned from other sources, including YouTube videos that describe this scheme, the clients are basically telling you the truth about what they plan to do. But you shouldn't get involved in this because neither Upwork nor Amazon.com allow this. Also: There is no real money in it. You might break even and end up with some product you never really wanted in the first place, but that's about it.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
prestonhunter
Community Member

April:

You can flag this job post using the "Flag as inappropriate" link button on the job posting page.

The people you are talking to are trying to involve you in a known scheme that Upwork doesn't allow. Amazon.com doesn't allow paid reviews of this sort and you could lose your Amazon.com account if you get caught doing this.

Upwork officially supports Amazon.com in this matter. So this is a violation of Upwork ToS as well.

Is this "legit?"

Based on what I have read in the Forum and learned from other sources, including YouTube videos that describe this scheme, the clients are basically telling you the truth about what they plan to do. But you shouldn't get involved in this because neither Upwork nor Amazon.com allow this. Also: There is no real money in it. You might break even and end up with some product you never really wanted in the first place, but that's about it.

Thank you! Will do!

Yes

Yes :haiti:

5b6517a3
Community Member

Yes 

I will do

1c54b86a
Community Member

I don't think it's work like that. But it's upto your services what type of services you are selling. 

No, it's not up to you. It's against Upwork's terms of service and Amazon's terms of service, as well as being completely unethical.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths