🐈
» Forums » Support » Can't use my domestic bank account
Page options
thewas
Community Member

Membership Upgrade

Hello,

why does my Card buy connects but is declined when I try to upgrade to the Plus membership plan?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Innocent,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the trouble while upgrading your membership. In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the 'Chat with Upwork' button on the Contact Support page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

283 REPLIES 283

Hi Manish,

Thank you for your feedback, I will share it with our team. 

I would also like to clarify that you can use your available earnings on Upwork to purchase Connects or upgrade to our Plus plan.

~ Goran
Upwork
ar2003
Community Member

I see this: 

Payment Card
Sorry, a critical component of this page failed to load. Please reload the page
I can't add payment method in billing method, please share 

Hello Ahmad,

I'm sorry to hear about the issue while adding your billing method. Could you please try again after clearing the cookies and cache on your browser or try using a different browser? Feel free to message us if problem persists.

Thank you

Pradeep H.

Upwork

Hi Upwork Mods!

Upwork is not saving my visa card details to upgrade my membership. Why?

Hi Muhammad,

Could you please try to clear your cache and cookies or use a different browser? You may also consider adding a different billing method. You can check which ones are available to you by going here

~ Joanne
Upwork
3c735762
Community Member

Hello, I'm trying to upgrade my membership. I was able to add my card but unable to pay using it. I received an SMS on my phone saying International payments can't be done. I use a domestic bank account so is there a way for me to upgrade my membership? Please help me upgrade my membership using a domestic bank account. BTW I'm from India

Hello I'm Raghu from India. I'm trying to upgrade my membership but I'm unable to add my debit card or even pay with Paypal. I don't have a credit card to add. What else could I do to upgrade my membership. Can I use Indian payment methods like UPI? or can I fund my wallet first with a debit card and then upgrade my membership? How can I add my Debit card. I added all the details and when I click save nothing happens, no error, no success message anywhere. 

Please help me resolve these issues. 

Thank you,

-Raghu 

same problem. Tried this, but still it doesn't save my card

Hi Stract,

I'd like to clarify that some card-issuing banks will restrict the use of debit cards on Upwork due to the payments being classified as 'recurring'. Please, make sure that you are filling all the required fields correctly and that your card-issuing bank allows recurring transactions. Alternatively, you may use any other of the available billing methods.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi Upwork,

I created my freelancer account on upwork using this email address **Edited for Community Guidelines** I added my Visa debit card ending  **Edited for Community Guidelines** as my payment mehtod. I tried to activate freelancer plus but it shows me that Your payment is declined. Can you please help me why upwork is not accepting my payment?

Thanks

Hi Muhammad,

I'd like to clarify that some card-issuing banks will restrict the use of debit cards on Upwork due to the payments being classified as 'recurring'. Please, make sure that you are filling all the required fields correctly and that your card-issuing bank allows recurring transactions. Alternatively, you may use any other of the available billing methods.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
e7d983b3
Community Member

hello there iam ashar, iam new at upwork as a freelancer , i attached my visa debit card to billing on upwork and then i went to connnects and membership section to buy membership but its not working its been 2 days iam trying again and again but still nothing is happening it just shows an error on top that we can proceed your request at the moment try later and all.

then i contacted to my bank is there any issue on there end but they checked and infromed that everything is fine on there end it must be something on upwork end and belive me im trying but i dont know why upwork dont have live chat with client so that i can resolve my issue.

kinldy team upwork help me in this i want to buy membership and connects  Smiley Sad

Hi Ashar,

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

hi there i am having an issue in my billiing method i dont know why iam not able to pay through my visa debit card, any how my concern is that can i add credit card of my father or sibling as a billing method ?

and if i can use kindly guide me the proper format of that and let me know what name i would use my name or my father or sibling name if i use there credit card?

kindly reach out me as fast as possible

Hi Ashar,

You can use a billing method you are authorized to use. If any issues arise, the Upwork team will notify you directly. To learn more about our accepted billing methods, check out this help article.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi,
I have decided to upgrade my account to freelancer plus again but I was unable to find the upgrade option from my account balance. Can anyone point me where I can find the option?
Respective screenshots:

account balanceaccount balancestep 1step 1step 2step 2step 3step 3With best regards.

Hi Hasan,

To upgrade your membership or purchase Connects, you will need to add a billing method on file. This is because if you do not have enough Upwork balance, your billing method on file will be used to pay for the recurring payment. To learn more about adding a billing method, please check this help article

~ Joanne
Upwork

I want to have a freelancer plus membership but this appears when I am putting my mastercard account that says: "We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank." Can someone help me with this problem?

Hi Albert,

I checked and it looks like the rejection error was from your issuing bank. You might need to reach out to them so that they can check the specific decline error. You may also consider using another billing method. To check which ones are available in your location please go here.

~ Joanne
Upwork
956b8201
Community Member

I am unable to add a billing method. I am interested in upgrading my membership. But it gives an error that unable to authorize your card. I have checked with my bank they say no attempt has been made on this card. I am using Mastercard.

I have also tried through membership but the error is still the same. 

Any help will be much appreciated. 

Regards,

Atif

Hi Atif,

I checked and it looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please make sure your card is set up to make international payments and has sufficient funds on it to complete the funding.

Please contact your card-issuing bank to confirm if they allow recurring transactions on your debit cards as Upwork payments are classified as ‘recurring’.

~ Nikola
Upwork
c5c0a6dc
Community Member

I have the same message while I tried to change my membership to Plus!

Hi Hosen,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
88ca4e1b
Community Member

Hi, I'm unable to pay for the membership fee from local bank account. It says " There was a problem with your request. Please try again in a few minutes. " . My debit card is enabled for international tracsations so I don't know what's happening here. Please help me out. 

Attached a screenshot.

Thanks,
Uchit

Hi Uchit,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi,

Myself Sajib. I'm facing a problem upgrading freelancer plus membership. I have $17.01 in my Upwork account. Why I'm unable to use it to upgrade premium membership?

Thanks,

Sajib

Hi  Sajib,

If you're moving from the Basic to the Plus plan, the first month's fee will be deducted from your billing method and not from your Upwork balance. Going forward, if you have sufficient funds, the membership fee will be deducted from your Upwork balance, otherwise, it will be charged to your primary billing method instead. You can check this help article to learn more.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ayyubash
Community Member

Hello!

i want to upgrade the account membership plan via paypal  but i meet this problem message ,

"Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later.

my paypal account is verified and linked with my card . 

thankyou .

Hi Ayoub,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

I purchased the plus Membership from my brother's Visa card and email address made payment of my upwork account but my membership does'nt upgraded, please help or give some suggestion to resolve this issue to get my Plus Membership.

Hi Ritesh,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hey! Please See these Images which i attached, they clearly shows that payment successfully paid and subscription starts but my Upwork account doesn't show that please help me from this issue and my money is also deducted from my Bank account.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Ritesh, 

I can see that you're already in communication with the team via a support ticket regarding your situation and they should be getting back to you soon. Kindly continue to communicate through that same ticket if you have any questions so that the team can assist more effectively.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Dear Upwork Manager,

I hope you are doing well and safe.

I am trying to upgrade my freelnacer profile plan to Freelancer Plus. I've balance in my Upwork account but it's not deducting from my account balance.

However, I tried to buy some connect and it's getting deducted from my Upwork account balance.

Can you please guide me how I can upgrade my plan to Freelancer Plus. As I don't want to pay from PayPal or billing method.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards
Raveena

Hi Raveena,

Before upgrading your membership, you need to have a valid billing method on file. It will serve as a backup, but the charge will happen from your Upwork balance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
b34f6b8d
Community Member

I want to change my free basic plan to freelancer plus. I have done it before as well and that went smooth. After that I had to cancel it for few reasons. Now I want to get freelancer plus again but Upwork is not charging my existing balance which is sufficient enough and I can't seem to enter my billing method. I don't have PayPal and they are not accepting my visa card details
I also contacted my relevant bank and they said your international transactions are working, no issues from the bank. Need help. Thank you

Hi Kashaf,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly via a ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi,

I'm working as freelancer digital marketer on Upwork and bidding on jobs related to my niche. Unfortunatelly, my connects have finished and to bid on jobs I need more connects. 

To buy connects, I'm trying to buy and adding payment method but I'm unable to add payment method. Please guide me in this matter so that I could start bidding on jobs.

Thank you!

Hi Naeem,

In order to be able to purchase Connects you will need to add a Billing method. Your payment method can be used only for withdrawing your funds from Upwork. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
4fdd9fa1
Community Member

I can't upgrade my membership plan,It says your payment could not be processed ,Please choose an alternate method or retry

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths