🐈
» Forums » Support » Membership Upgrade
Page options
thewas
Community Member

Membership Upgrade

Hello,

why does my Card buy connects but is declined when I try to upgrade to the Plus membership plan?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Innocent,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the trouble while upgrading your membership. In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the 'Chat with Upwork' button on the Contact Support page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

276 REPLIES 276
4fdd9fa1
Community Member

Hii,

I have checked with bank as well as they told me that they are not
declining payment,Its your website is not accepting payments.

Hi Mohit,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your membership plan. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
73d3e12e
Community Member

Hi there! I have a problem. When I add the billing method via Visa card. The system shows that: "We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank".

I already checked with my bank, everything is OK. So could Upwork team help me to fix it to buy connects. Thank you so much!

Hi Loan,

I checked and it looks like your card issuing bank has declined the transaction. You might want to check with them directly so that they can assist you with the specific decline error. In the meantime, you may add a different payment method to purchase Connects. 

This can vary based on your location, but all Upwork users will be able to purchase Connects with a credit card or prepaid card. If you aren’t able to use a credit card or prepaid card or you don’t have an Upwork balance, in many cases you’ll be able to use PayPal. To see the options available to you, click here.

~ Joanne
Upwork
73d3e12e
Community Member

Hi Joanne Marie P!

I use another card and the process already goes. Thank you so much for your help.

Hi, 
kindly, let me know, what's use the card? I'm waiting for your reply. 
Thanks

Hi Eishwar,

Thank you for your message. I see that one of our team members has already reached out to you via a support ticket here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them directly on your support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. 

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
e796b5d7
Community Member

Hello mam! I am facing the same issue. When I add the billing method via Visa card. The system shows that: "We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank".

I already checked with my bank, . So could Upwork team help me to fix it to buy connects. Thank you so much!

Hi Komal,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble adding your billing method. I've escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
30b9580f
Community Member

I put billing in the getting paid process, but I found a "We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank." error while adding an account. please help me am I lost it or there is a solution?

Hi Hina, 

It seems like the transaction was declined by your issuing bank. You may need to reach out to them directly so that they can check and assist you further with the specific decline error. You may also try again using a different billing method. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Everyone, 
I need help. I want to activate my membership plan but I can not buy this, facing the issue. I have Payoneer virtual master card but this card does not access this site, I don't know what happened. Kindly, let me know anyone who knows about that. I'm waiting. 

Have a Good Day!!
Thanks 

Hello Eishwar,

Yes, you can use Payoneer MasterCard to upgrade freelancer PLUS membership.

Make sure that you have attached your Payoneer MasterCard to your default billing method.

Go to settings and then select billing methods and add your card. You can reach out to support for any help regarding it if you are facing any problem. 

I hope it will help you.

Hi,
Thanks for the excellent Direction. I added that card but did not accept that card. Face issue. kindly, attached. Now, let me know your opinion.
Thanks

Hi Eishwar,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your membership plan. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Goran,

I am trying to upgrade my membership from free to plus membership. i have added a payment method and tried to upgrade but it keeps telling me "We are in process of subscription renewals and upgrades are not possible during that period. Please come back later."...

pls what can i do about this?

Hi Emmanuel,

Could you try to clear your cache and cookies or log in via another browser to upgrade your plan? If you're still experiencing the same problem after this, let me know here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran, thanks a lot for your reply. I tried all those and I am still experiencing the same problem.

Hi Emmanuel,

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you. I look forward to it.

Hi there I am also facing the issue regarding this. I have tried my both Mastercard and vvisa card but I am not able to upgrade myself to freelancer plus

Hi Hasnain, 

It looks like the charge on your card keeps getting declined. Don't hesitate to contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline. Confirm if they allow recurring transactions on their cards as Upwork payments are classified as 'recurring.'

Meantime, you can add an alternative billing method to your account's billing methods.

~ Avery
Upwork

I tried to Buy Membership from  my mastercard in payment method but its showing unable to authorize your card.
How can I resolve this issue

Hi Sajjad,

~Andrea
Upwork

I need help with my billing method. I have an active card with sufficient balance to pay for my transaction I am trying to upgrade my account to premium but is giving me a charge fail error every time.

Capture.PNG

Hi Hamza,

It looks like the charge on your credit card keeps getting declined. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline. Meantime, you can add an alternative billing method in your account payment options.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan S,

I use 2 cards, one is master and second is a visa and they both have more than sufficient balance but I am getting the same error every time "our payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later." and my both cards are from different banks and i talk to both of them there is no issue from there side.

Please solve this issue ASAP. I want to buy connects and upgrade my account to premium.

None of the payment methods are working for renewing the agency plus membership. I can buy connects but can't renew the membership. Anyone can help?

Hi Mrityunjay,

~Andrea
Upwork
costcntt
Community Member

I'm getting error "We are in process of subscription renewals and upgrades are not possible during that period. Please come back later." and can't click button when try upgrade my account 

Hi Kim,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
bc4d99fd
Community Member

Facing this issue

We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank.

I checked with my bank everything is perfect, my card is valid for international payment still upwork giving me an error. 

Please help urgently.

Hi Asma,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
bc4d99fd
Community Member

I have not yet received my ticket number from Upwork. Also not able to see
the request as open under MY REQUEST PAGE

Hi Asma,

You'll see the ticket on your request page once the team replies. 

~Andrea
Upwork
bc4d99fd
Community Member

I have not received any Ticket number yet and also I can not see anything on MY REQUEST page. 

1b4b63d0
Community Member

I want to buy connects using a Payoneer virtual credit card and it keeps showing this notice (screenshot attached). Can anyone tell me the reason?

NOTICE: "Card Number" contains an invalid amount of digits

Hi Martha,

You may want to check out this help article for more information on what other billing methods are available on Upwork. The availability of these billing methods is based on a user's location. As such, not all billing methods are available to you. 

You can check which options are available to you by going to your Settings > Billing Methods. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
2d62c3ad
Community Member

I bought 10 Connects today using myICICI Debit card yet I haven't received any of them. I also checked my account's transaction history. The amount I spent for the bundles reflects in there. However, my available Connects are still the same.

Hi Dhairia,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths