🐈
» Forums » Support » Membership Upgrade
Page options
thewas
Community Member

Membership Upgrade

Hello,

why does my Card buy connects but is declined when I try to upgrade to the Plus membership plan?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Innocent,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the trouble while upgrading your membership. In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the 'Chat with Upwork' button on the Contact Support page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

276 REPLIES 276
ff99fe05
Community Member

when i am trying to add my debit card to upwork it is showing me "We are unable to authorize your card. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank."

This thing happens when i am trying to upgrade my freelance membership and is cannot charge my card i also add paypal but it aslo didn't charge frok paypal too please help

Hi Haidar,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
c338c287
Community Member

HELLO,

"You have exceeded the maximum number of attempts to add a credit card." I am facing this issue need help .This happened while I was purchasing freelancer plus on upwork and my card was not working and I had to then contact by bank about this and they said that it was on there side now that they have opened by transactions I am getting this Error . Please help me asap as I am also out of connects .

THANKS

Hi Syed,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
808d3668
Community Member

Hi there,
Whenever I try to buy a Freelancer Plus membership I get this-"The request could not be completed. Please try again. If the issue persists, please contact Customer Support."

808d3668_0-1650608318461.png

I have tried to clear the browser's cookies and tried with different browsers.
Still getting the error. What should I do?

Kind Regards.

Hi Bimo,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you for your support.
I really hope to be able to upgrade my membership soon.

I am receiving the following error when attempting to buy Connects and/or upgrade membership: "The request could not be completed. Please try again. If the issue persists, please contact Customer Support."

Hi Aryan,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
omersafi
Community Member

Hello,
I added payment methods and tried to upgrade for premiums, Upwork said Payment failed to try another payment method, but in fact, it was already charged.
Can anyone advise me on how I get a refund? or at least get the Premium membership activated? Will my bank receipt help me here?

Thanks in advance

Omer.

Hi Omer,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
omersafi
Community Member

Many thanks Nikola,
Best.

Hello Nikola,
Unfortunately, the issue wasn't solved. I think it is from the bank issuer.. I'll inform you with the details ASAP

Best,

I have my payment method added & was having no problem with the autorenewal of my membership. But this month even after 3 days my account has not been renewed automatically with plus membership. Can anyone please help?

Hi Subhajit,

Thank you for your message. I see that your membership is already renewed. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
jose-web
Community Member

I'm trying to use my PayPal account to upgrade my membership, but It keeps asking me for credit card information. I don't want to use a credit card. I want to use my Paypal Account.

Thank yo for your help!

Hi Jose,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

I am trying to upgrade my membership from Free to Plus since last 4 days I am getting the following message.

Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later.

Earlier it was working fine, i have renewed my membership  many times using this billing method still it gives me this error.

please solve it at the earliest.

Hi Varsha,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked your account and it seems like the bank has not authorized the transaction. Kindly check with your bank to know more information and to resolve the issue.

Once they confirm that they approve the transaction and you still get the same error messagee, please let us know so we can further assist you.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello,

Thank you for the quick response.

I already contacted the bank regarding this issue, they says everything is okay from bank side there is no issue from their side. Because earlier I  used this card for membership renewal and it worked perfactely. please check from your side and tell me what is the issue.

Thanks

Hi Varsha,

Thank you for following up. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
3caa61c2
Community Member

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Abhijeet,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
40f9e649
Community Member

Hi there. I am from Pakistan. I am unable to upgrade my agency plan. I have tried multiple credit cards and none of them is able to pay for the membership plan. Kindly look into it

Hi Zakrya,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello everyone, I'm trying to add my master debit card to my billing method as I'm looking to upgrade my membership and also buy some connects for my agency. I've tried everything from contacting the bank to checking my card on other websites. Everything seems to work there but on Upwork it consistently fails. Can someone help me out here?

Upwork gives this error:
Your bank was unable to verify your information. Please contact them and try again.

Hi Umair,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble adding a billing method to your account. A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
mana_07
Community Member

Few days back i contacted my bank regarding update of my mastercard as upwork was not taking my payment method. After the update i buy connects one time. Now again i am trying to buy connects the payment method is failing. I contacted my bank they said there is not any issue from their side. I tried another card too but its also not working. Can anyone pls help me in this...?

Hi Sukhjinder,

I checked your account and it looks like your card-issuing bank has declined the transaction. Please reach out to them directly so that they can check the specific decline error. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
vicky110
Community Member

iam heaving trouble with membership upgrade, when i tried to upgrade to Freelancer Plus worth about 15 $, i came to know my card have expired soi deleted the expired one and i tried to add my new card but unfortunatelly its not taking my new card data, name and other fields are able to be edited but the card fields are not working "data can not be entered"  kindly help me resolve the issue ,  "Get support point me to the article that is well written but not resolving my issue "

Review-New-Membership-Plan-Upwork.jpg

Hi Abdul,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble upgrading your membership. A Customer Support Team member has reached out to you through this support ticket to assist you further with your concern.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
a_virgin
Community Member

I have updated all my payment methods and i was able to purchase connect until yesterday but i couldn't purchase today

Hi Maria,

I checked your account and it looks like the transaction has been declined. Please reach out to your card-issuing bank so that they can look into the specific decline error. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi, I have purchased 40 connects for 6$ but they didn't arrive in my Upwork account. Although the payment is deducted from my bank account. Can you please solve this issue? Thanks.

Hi Adnan, 

I looked into this for you and would like to confirm that your billing method was declined. Don't hesitate to contact your bank for more information on why the transaction was declined. In the meantime, feel free to add another billing method to be able to purchase Connects for your account successfully.

~ Avery
Upwork
5e4796d3
Community Member

Hi,

All things are okay from my bank, but facing this issue on only Upwork as I set correct details.

I fed up with bad service and going to move to another website, if they not solve it within a week.

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Arshad,

I checked and it looks like your card-issuing bank has declined the transaction. Please reach out to them directly so that they can check on the specific decline error. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Went to upgrade the freelancer basic to plus but for last 12 hrs seeing this message only 

We are in process of subscription renewals and upgrades are not possible during that period. Please come back later.

It's just not going away - till when this process will go on?

Hi Akash,

Please allow 24-48 hours for your billing cycle to be updated. After that, you should be able to upgrade your membership.

~Andrea
Upwork

Upwork this is unfair, I can upgrade, I can't even see the membership plan on the settings section, my upgrade are unavailable on the app, I am just stagnant here on the app

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths