🐈
» Forums » Support » Membership Upgrade
Page options
thewas
Community Member

Membership Upgrade

Hello,

why does my Card buy connects but is declined when I try to upgrade to the Plus membership plan?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Innocent,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the trouble while upgrading your membership. In general, this happens when the transactions you’re attempting on your card keep being declined by the bank. Please contact your card-issuing bank for more information about the specific charge decline.

If you’re still experiencing issues after checking with your bank, a quick way to contact our support team is by clicking the 'Chat with Upwork' button on the Contact Support page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

283 REPLIES 283
a127f915
Community Member

I recently bought freelance plus membership, the amount was deducted from my account but it is not upgraded to freelance plus and I didn't receive any connect. You can verify from the attached screenshots.

It showed only basic membership not freelance plus.

Hi Hardik,

I don't see that your membership was upgraded, nor has any billing method been added to your account. Please ensure you have a valid billing method and try upgrading your membership again. If you experience any errors, don't hesitate to let us know.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
09b21e17
Community Member

Hello, please I need help, I can't connect with my card, I have contacted the back and they said everything is fine.

These are the error messages I am getting 

• Enter 2-digit expiring month and day,(even when it's there)

• enter a 3-4 digit security pin (even when it's there already)

• • Enter a valid 14, 15, or 16 card number (when it's there already )

**Edited for community guidelines**

Hi Chioma,

I'm sorry you are having trouble adding your billing method. Please clear your cache and cookies or use a different browser. If the issue persists, please let us know. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
e8a95e2e
Community Member

Hi,

i upgraded my account to Plus and the transaction was successful, yet i did not get my benefits and connects. 

Hi Alia,

Can you please confirm with your financial institution if your billing method was charged? I do not see that the transaction you're referring to was successful on our end, so your membership didn't change. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
e8a95e2e
Community Member

Yes i was charged on my bank account

Hi Alia,

Thank you for your response and confirmation. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with a screenshot of the charge you're referring to? We'll have that reviewed and assist you accordingly.

Looking forward to your message.

~ Arjay
Upwork
be95c4b5
Community Member

hi, I'm trying to upgrade my account to plus and I'm being told..

"We are in process of subscription renewals and upgrades are not possible during that period."

I understand that upwork may be refreshing my subscription plan renewal processs but my billing cycle ends at Jan 2nd and it's 3rd today but yet it still shows the same error 

Please help 

Did you purchaced it before and want to renew? No need to do this. Autorenewal there.

Hi Edun,

We have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
0b737aeb
Community Member

Hello Upwork support team,

I am new on this upwork freelancer platform.

The issue is either I am choosing paypal or adding my card .

After clicking on activate freelanceplus for membership plus.

I am getting this errror :- "Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later."

pfa attach error screenshot of both concern and help me on this issue.

awaiting your response on this issue

Hi Abhishek,

I am sorry to hear about the trouble while upgrading your membership plan. Could you please contact your card issuing bank to check for permission to use your card for international transactions? You can also try using another billing method. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance. 

- Pradeep

Upwork

Thanks for your reply on this.

I will look inti if problem still persist, will update you again.

My next issue is I sent 1 proposal of job on 3rd January 2024 for 8 connects.

The job expired next day. But, I didn't get my connection back even after 24 hours.

Can you please help me on this to get my 8 connects back.

pfa attachment of all for better understanding.

Awaiting your response on this.

d2546e5d
Community Member

Please why do i keep getting this message "there was a problem charging your billing method. please enter a new card" when i'm trying to buy connect and i have been using this card to buy things online since.

What could be the issue?

please i need help.

Hi Emmanuel,

I checked your account and saw that the transaction has been declined. For decline errors, we recommend that you contact your card-issuing bank so that they can look into the specific decline error. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
ccb55aa9
Community Member

Hello, I am using my SBI GLOBAL VISA DEBIT CARD to buy connects. I need to change my membership plan from basic to plus. But, I am not able to complete the transaction. Getting a message as 'charge failed'. I can buy connects using the same debit card. But, I am not able to use the same card to change my membership plan. Please give me a solution. Thank you.

a7b0abda
Community Member

I am trying to buy connects using different debit cards(MC/VISA)/paypal unsuccessfully.  The response from upwork is "Choose an alternate payment method or try again later". I even try to get in touch with support agent but unable to find any link to contact support. 

Are there any options to contact support agent ?

Hi Dwijadas,

I am sorry you're experiencing issues contacting support. We're creating a personalized experience better to assist all Upwork platform users via the chatbot. The more you interact with the chatbot, the more custom responses you'll receive.

Here's how you can reach Upwork Support:

1. Please visit Contact Support and click the 'chat with Upwork button'.
  2. Type a question or topic and select 'Send'. The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. The chatbot will ask you to confirm if you need additional help. If you confirm that you need additional help, you will be asked to confirm the account type you need help with.
  4. From there, the support options available to you will be listed. Select either of the options to be able to contact the Upwork Support Team.

I'd like to let you know that I've already escalated this to the appropriate team for checking. Please give them some time to check. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
8bd9e5e0
Community Member

Hello there, I have added a card on my Billing & payments page. Upwork sent me an email saying the card was added successfully. I got a message from the bank issuer saying the same. But on the Billing & payments page, I have gotten an error message that " We are unable to authorize your card as the billing details you entered do not match with your bank or credit card company. Please add another billing method or contact your issuing bank" and I can't see the card on the page. How to resolve this issue please?

Hi Mohamed,

I'm sorry to hear you encountered this error. Can you please contact your card-issuing bank to ensure the billing details you entered match? You may also try adding a different billing method. Don't hesitate to let us know if the problem persists so we can assist you further.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
8bd9e5e0
Community Member

Hello Luiggi, Thanks for your reply, i have already did and they said its appears that it was added successfully on their end, please check the attached pic Thank you

Thank you for clarifying, Mohamed. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
be676084
Community Member

Hello team,

I would like your valuable help on my this issue.

I am trying to add bank card details, but getting this error.

I had two accounts before and both were having same bank card details.

But due to some account issue, I had to close this account but forgot to remove bank details.

But now I am putting same bank details in this account and getting this error.

I don't have any other bank account.

So, please help me to in this isssue.

I have only this bank details to add.

Hi Abhishek. It looks like your bank account is still associated with the accounts you added it to earlier. You should check the status of those accounts and probably raise this issue with upwork support. 

Have a good day. 

Yes, I know this. I want to remove bank details from those account and to this account.

Whom to contact on this issue.

Who will raise ticket for me on this issue?

If anyone can guide me.

I want to add billing payment.

Hi Abhishek,

I see that you already have a support ticket regarding your concern and the team responded to you with more information on what to do next. Kindly refer to your ticket on this page

~ Luiggi
Upwork
cdc3ebae
Community Member

Hey all, I've been freelancing for years on the platform. I've worked with a variety of clients.

The issue I'm facing (please help me out if you have experienced this or have recommendations on how to fix it):
I can't buy the plus membership on Upwork nor buy any connects!

I've already deleted all my browsers cache, cookies, and history data, but I still face the same issue. 

I've been struggling all day today and yesterday and I still can't fix it. Please help. See attached
P.S. Please let me know how to contact Upwork support. I've tried almost all ways to fix this.

Hi Luis,

I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
be676084
Community Member

Hello team,

Good morning!

Hope you are are doing good.

My issue when I am trying to buying freelancer plus plan, I am getting error "Your payment could not be processed."

Even though my card has international transaction enabled still facing this issue.

Pfa screenshot and help me to buy freelancer plus plan.

Awaiting your valuable suggestion.

Thank you.

Hi Abhishek,

I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
be676084
Community Member

Thank you very much for this help Joanne.

I really appreciate your help in this.

b0bbad78
Community Member

Hi All,

Can you please confirm , if we can add debit card as payment emthod ?

as payment for upgrade is in dollars ? how do we make payments from India ?

someone please guide to reolve .

Thanks ,

Hi Siva,

Yes! There are several ways to purchase Connects or upgrade to a membership plan and a Debit Card is one of the options. We suggest you visit this help article for more information and detailed instructions about adding a billing method to your account.

~ Arjay
Upwork
b0bbad78
Community Member

Thanks for the reply ! I tried all best possible means ! But unable to buy connects , it would be great if I can get some guidance !

Hi Siva,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with purchasing Connects. Could you please confirm if you are getting an error message? If you can share a screenshot, that will also help us check. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
b0bbad78
Community Member

Hi Team,

Thanks for quick reply , am getting error to choose different payment method .

I have choosen debot card add.

can we pay using INR ?

how  to process payment using Paypal or else?

thank you ,

Hello Siva,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with this. As Arjay shared in his post above, you can use your PayPal account, a credit or debit card, or Upwork balance to pay for your Membership or buy Connects. If your current method is being declined, you may want to contact your card-issuing bank about the specific decline error. If the problem persists, let us know, and we'll be happy to assist you further. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
f624f3fe
Community Member

i was able to buy some connect, but cant upgrade to freelancer plus, it said Your payment could not be processed. Please choose an alternate payment method or retry again later.  its such a confusing issue.

somebody please help me with this.

Hi Yoga,

I checked, and it looks like the transaction has been declined. It would be best to contact your bank so that they can look into the specific decline error. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths