🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Membership downgrade to Basic?
Page options
tomo9872
Community Member

Membership downgrade to Basic?

Hello 🙂
I have a question..At the moment I'm on the Free Basic Membership but I have 52 connects left and the connects are restarting tomorrow..so I want to activate the Plus Membership and add the 52 that I haven't spent to the new connects for the next month (so that in total I have about 120 connects all together).So my question is, can I switch again to the FREE Basic Membership after the connects are transfered to the next month because I need it only for that one thing, or will I be forever on that Plus Mebership and charged every month 10 usd?
And If I can switch again to Basic when should I do that? After the connects transfer or should I wait to the end of the month and then swito to basic?

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,
Tomo
6 REPLIES 6
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Tomo,

When you upgrade, you keep the Connects you already have and we add on the Plus plan upgrade amount. You will also receive a credit for the days of billing cycle that have passed since your Connects were last refilled. For more details on how this calculation works, check out this Help Article.

If you upgrade your membership plan today your billing cycle will be changed as well and today will be your first day. Once you have upgraded to our Plus plan you will be charged $10, you can downgrade at any time and there won't be any additional charges.

Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

One more question, so I can switch to Basic anytime I wanted after I'm charged 10usd for the Plus Membership?

Hi Tomo,

If you upgrade today on our Plus plan you will be charged $10, if you downgrade back to the Free plan after 5/15 days you wont be charged again once your new cycle starts. 

@Tomo R wrote:
 I want to activate the Plus Membership and add the 52 that I haven't spent to the new connects for the next month (so that in total I have about 120 connects all together).

Just to remind you that our connects calculation does not work like this, your billing cycle will be changed, this means that you will only receive additional connects based on our Plus plan upgrade calculation. To learn more about the upgrade calculation check out our guide Here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am using prmium plan. I have 200 connects in my account. If I switch to basic plan. then is there any chance of lost of my current connects.

Hi Arslan,

It depends on when your billing cycle begins. Anytime you downgrade your membership plan the switch will take effect on your next billing cycle date. If you make the switch and your billing cycle ends after paid Connects are rolled out to you, you will be able to roll over up to 140 Connects as a freelancer (agencies can roll over 160). If your billing cycle ends before paid Connects are rolled out to you, the Connects will be lost on that date and will not roll over. To see your billing cycle details, click here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

That mean after moving to basic plan. I will lost my connect because I have 200 connect

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths