🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Mentor with Freelance World - How Tos HELP
Page options
stephsal24
Community Member

Mentor with Freelance World - How Tos HELP

Hello everyone, 

I'm new to the world of freelance  - I've worked 10 years in the legal field as a paralegal. I enjoy research and writing and would like to venture into Freelance work. I'm also a poet and enjoy creative writing as well. I would say I have a passion for the best of both worlds 🙂 

I'm reaching out for help to get my profile looking better and with proposals. I just need a little help getting started - I'm a fast learner and like doing things on my own - which is why it's hard to ask for help when I need it! 

Thank you in advance for anyone who reads this and can help a sister out!! 

- Stephanie 

1 REPLY 1
sbilu131521
Community Member

Hi Stephine,
Welcome to this platform.

Being successful in freelancing is merely a result of habits. You need to make your profile effective first. 

You probably heard the story of two woodcutters. One always cut more trees than the other. So one day, the low performer asked, "How could you do that?"

"I sharp my axe daily".. he answered.

That's the trick. Once your profile is good to go, you need to maintain your position (sharp the axe) regularly. This is the principle of being successful here.

But, I understand you need more clear instructions on how to do it.

Well, there are several articles, blogs, and courses online that describe how to get success on Upwork. You just need to search and study.
Here are some places you can find some help:

Skillshare
Udemy

Quora
Youtube

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Thanks and wish you all the best.
Sagar

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths