🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Mentorship
Page options
kelly_owino
Community Member

Mentorship

Please am new to upwork and it seems like am not comfortable when submitting my proposals especially when the client requires your previous sample. So i was asking if can be able to get someone to mentor for sometime.
6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

Kelly O wrote:
Please am new to upwork and it seems like am not comfortable when submitting my proposals especially when the client requires your previous sample. So i was asking if can be able to get someone to mentor for sometime.

You don't need a mentor. You need skills and a way to prove them.

You'll need to forget trying to write for clients / payment unless there is a market for writers in your native language.

Thanks for your response.
pudingstudio
Community Member

Kelly O wrote:

Yes.

You can go to upwork.com and post a job.
Many are be able and willing to mentor you.

Thank you.
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "So i was asking if can be able to get someone to mentor for sometime."

Upwork does not have a formal mentorship program.

You have two alternatives:

a) Set up a client aspect ("client company") within your Upwork account and hire somebody to mentor. Many people would be willing to mentor you if you hire them using their posted hourly rate.

b) Take time to read Upwork help documents, read through Upwork Community Forum threads, and carefully study the profile pages and portfolios of successful freelancers in your target job niche. If you have a specific question that has not already been addressed in the Community Forum, then you may post a question here. Many Forum participants will be happy to answer your specific questions.

robin_hyman
Community Member

Kelly O wrote:
Please am new to Upwork and it seems like i have some challenges on submitting proposals especially where the clients requires a sample or portfolio of my previous work. Can i be able to get help please?

Kelly:

If you have 5+ years experience in content writing and logo development as indicated on your profile, then you should have examples posted in your portfolio.  You should also list your 5 years experience with job titles, company names and descriptions within the appropriate employment module on your profile.  

IF you do NOT have the experience you claim to have, find it off Upwork.  People succeed who have real-world experience in their field.  

Good luck!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths