🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Messages from those who don't have access?
Page options
taylorkwr
Community Member

Messages from those who don't have access?

I've received a couple of responses, but they come from people who do not have current access to UpWork. Is this a legitimate situation or is this a spam message? Also, they have asked I contact them through an email address. Is this normal procedure?

Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

@Tracie T wrote:

I've received a couple of responses, but they come from people who do not have current access to UpWork. Is this a legitimate situation or is this a spam message? Also, they have asked I contact them through an email address.

That means they are scammers whom Upwork has already identified as such and kicked off of the website.

DO NOT contact them, they want to send you fake checks and steal your money.

Thank you!

martina_plaschka
Community Member

@Tracie T wrote:

I've received a couple of responses, but they come from people who do not have current access to UpWork. Is this a legitimate situation or is this a spam message? Also, they have asked I contact them through an email address. Is this normal procedure?

Thank you!

Unrelated to your original question: Are you sure you worded this sentence right? One of the best compliments I have received is that I am a "Fire & Forget" type of team member. I would not have taken this as a compliment, or maybe I don't get the meaning?

Ooops, I guess you're right that didn't come across well. I added a clarification. I explained it in my video, but I realize some may not watch it. Thanks for the input!

Good catch...

No matter how awesome your video is...

most potential clients will never watch it.

And as a client I might find it easy to skip a prospective freelancer rather than figuring out why I would want to hire somebody whose key words are "fire" and "forget."

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths