🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Messaging with clients
Page options
14080b36
Community Member

Messaging with clients

I was wondering if it is normal that clients message you, you discuss the job and then sent you the contract?

I hardly ever get interview requests instead clients message me directly via the Message Button. Is that how it's supposed to go? I think I lose interview points here? Any feedback is most welcome 🙂 Thanks! 

6 REPLIES 6
pudingstudio
Community Member

Janneke B wrote:

I was wondering if it is normal that clients message you, you discuss the job and then sent you the contract?

I hardly ever get interview requests instead clients message me directly via the Message Button. Is that how it's supposed to go? I think I lose interview points here? Any feedback is most welcome 🙂 Thanks! 

What points..?

Some freelancers get plenty invitations, some get none.
Most freelancers need to send proposals to reach "interview stage".

If you aren't receiving many invitations, if that is your query - don't think much about it. Just keep sending proposals, do what you can from your end. Invitations will come!

8c5759f5
Community Member

Hi i am siddiq new upwork...

d7b58cec
Community Member

yes miss ...

thats true

j_veroes
Community Member

Hi there,

I think is a new feature where clients contact you directly via message without sending an invitation, I think that's even better because is like a customized invite.

When that happened to me, I got a contract so I guess that's good for you. 

Not sure if that's what you are referring to?

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

When a client messages you, that IS an interview. I'm not sure what you mean about "interview points" - do you mean getting free connects when interviewed?

dec52191
Community Member

Very true

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths