🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Met Client outside Upwork and working from cl...
Page options
dbmatre
Community Member

Met Client outside Upwork and working from client's office

Hi 

I'm relatively new to Upwork.

A client from the same city where I stay found me through LinkedIn and we discussed work and decided to work together. The company has Upwork client profile. Client said he can pay me via Upwork for simplicity and accounting. (I checked direct contract option, but people are experiencing problems with it)

Two questions are breaking my head at the moment.  I don't want to end up in trouble later.

Can someone from Upwork team provide clarity on this? 

1. Can client post that job and invite me to that job and we work together on Upwork?

2. I would work from a client's office sometime with my laptop. Is it allowed to work with same internet/IP? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dnyaneshwar, thanks for the questions.

1. I'd like to first confirm we're not aware of any technical issues affecting Direct Contract feature. Do note that your client isn't eligible since the feature can only be used with clients who do not have an Upwork account.

2. The client has an option to send you an offer directly from your profile, without posting a job first. Let us know if they need assistance with sending an offer or inviting you to submit a proposal on their job post and we'll be happy to assist them.

3. This is fine as long as you have a contract on Upwork is in place and all payments are processed via Upwork.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dnyaneshwar, thanks for the questions.

1. I'd like to first confirm we're not aware of any technical issues affecting Direct Contract feature. Do note that your client isn't eligible since the feature can only be used with clients who do not have an Upwork account.

2. The client has an option to send you an offer directly from your profile, without posting a job first. Let us know if they need assistance with sending an offer or inviting you to submit a proposal on their job post and we'll be happy to assist them.

3. This is fine as long as you have a contract on Upwork is in place and all payments are processed via Upwork.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths