🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Milestone Achieved and Ending a Contract
Page options
arslanali800
Community Member

Milestone Achieved and Ending a Contract

Hi,

I am new on upwork and did one project by a miltsone. The first milstone was half of the project bugget and because of some issues we did not get accurate simualtion results we end up only completed first milstone and client relased the fund of first milstone as well. We cannot do futher work because of deadline is passed.

The contract still appread to be active on my contract list, so should I end contract my self ? Or client need to end contract? Will ending contract by myself will have an effect on my JSS score?

Any comment in this regard will be highly appreciable.

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You have the ability to refund the client the money. Go to "My Jobs", click on the job and there will be three black buttons next to terms & settings giving you an option to "Give a Refund".

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
robin_hyman
Community Member

Doesn't sound like the project is complete. If you're concerned you're past the date listed on the contract, no worries.  What is missing here is communication with the client BEFORE considering closing any contract. 

I've had conversation with the client reagarding closing contract, and he said okay. Milstone was of 50$ and there are like 5$ still in escrow, so how can I return this back to client when closing a contract ? I know after 14 days it will automaically release, that's why I want to act before 14 days period over.

Arslan

You have the ability to refund the client the money. Go to "My Jobs", click on the job and there will be three black buttons next to terms & settings giving you an option to "Give a Refund".

Thanks. While ending contract I am getting system warnning, which is like this:

"Are you sure you want to end this contract? You have not received payment and the $5.00 in escrow will be returned to your client. If you're waiting for payment for work done, talk to the client before closing this contract."

That sounds a bit confusing to me. Is that mean the release payment from client will also send back to him by ending contract? Currently mitlsone paid by client are shown on my pending tab on my contract, not on the avaliable tab.

Arslan 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths