🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Milestone Payment
Page options
faribash786
Community Member

Milestone Payment

I am confused what the different labels for milestones in My Jobs area mean. I have a milestone (SEO Content Creation (Potence PR) that says:
" $20.00 funded
Milestone: Completion of 3 articles and 5 meta decriptions for Potence PR for May 2018
Due Apr 23
$90.00 paid of $55.00 "

What does this mean? Does it mean the client has released $90 against the initially agreed upon   price of $50 (due to extra work) and deposited a further $20 in escrow for future work? If so, why am I not seeing $90 in the Awaiting Milestone area as it has been paid/released a few days back? I can see two of the other milestones in awaiting section since those have been processed? Please advise. 

Thanks, 

Farida 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

2 REPLIES 2
holymell
Community Member

Yes. It means she's paid extra, either because she forgot to set up another milestone but asked you to do more work, and you did, or she accidentally released more money to you.

If she gave you a bonus, it should be in your notifications, so you would likely know she gave you a bonus.

Have you tried asking her if she intended to pay the extra money? I think that would be for the best. That way, if it was an accident you can refund her what she didn't mean to pay.

Thanks for your reply. I sorted it out with the client. She actually paid the extra money as a partial payment toward the next milestone so that I may continue the work on my end.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths