🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Milestone added after job done - can the clie...
Page options
chirpaz-francois
Community Member

Milestone added after job done - can the client leave a feedback?

Hi everyone,

I just have a simple question.

I completed a job for a client. The ad was mentioning a long-term collaboration if the job was done successfully.  Both the client and I are happy with our common work experience together. So the client added a milestone to the contract, which is ok with me since I would like to work more for her...

Anyway, my question is: Can I ask her to leave me a feedback for the job completed even if a milestone was added to the contract for more articles to write?

Thanks to everyone who will read and answer my question!

François

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
nkocendova
Community Member

Hi Francois,

Feedback can only be left on ended contracts, not on active ones. You can read more about how Fixed-Price contracts work here.

Please also read through the resources provided here which provide very useful info related to working as a freelancer on Upwork and will help you to familiarize yourself with the processes.

~Nina

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
nkocendova
Community Member

Hi Francois,

Feedback can only be left on ended contracts, not on active ones. You can read more about how Fixed-Price contracts work here.

Please also read through the resources provided here which provide very useful info related to working as a freelancer on Upwork and will help you to familiarize yourself with the processes.

~Nina

Thank you Nina!

renata101
Community Member

Hi François,

You can't leave or receive feedback unless the contract has been closed. 

I'm guessing the idea is that you're trying to get some UW feedback so you can establish a rating as a new freelancer? You might just complete the milestone and discuss it with your client, explaining your situation as a new freelancer to this platform and that it's good for business if you have happy reviews. I don't think it costs the client anything to initate a new contract for future work, so if you discuss it with your client, the person might not have any issue with starting a new contract for the next round of work. If people are happy with your work, they're generally okay  with doing this. If the client is new to the board, it will also benefit her to have your feedback because freelancers look at this when considering clients as well.

I've heard different views on this approach. But language-related jobs are sometimes relatively small, so freelancers usually want to attract additional clients. If people like your work, they're usually willing to help you out. 

Thank you Renata for the info, I appreciate!

All the best,

François

Did you end up contacting the client back and get him to close the contract? If so, did you work with them again?

I'm in a similar situation at the moment, I have a great client that I worked with, I'd love a review from him on my profile, but I don't want to annoy him.

Hi all,

I'm wondering if this has changed. I was just thinking about this question the other day, since I had completed a small project for a client who mentioned he would likely have additional work for me in the future.

He has left the contract open for now, with the single Milestone in it currently marked complete. I was wondering about whether to ask him to end the contract, as some of you discussed, and leave feedback (or perhaps ask this after the next job, since the first one was tiny). However, I noticed that the Feedback tab on this job indicates that it will be eligible for feedback after 30 days, even if the contract has not ended.

Is that what others are seeing as well? Perhaps this is a new Upwork option.

Cheers,

Liz

Elizabeth W wrote:

Hi all,

I'm wondering if this has changed. I was just thinking about this question the other day, since I had completed a small project for a client who mentioned he would likely have additional work for me in the future.

He has left the contract open for now, with the single Milestone in it currently marked complete. I was wondering about whether to ask him to end the contract, as some of you discussed, and leave feedback (or perhaps ask this after the next job, since the first one was tiny). However, I noticed that the Feedback tab on this job indicates that it will be eligible for feedback after 30 days, even if the contract has not ended.

Is that what others are seeing as well? Perhaps this is a new Upwork option.

Cheers,

Liz

Yes that's relatively new. But it does not have any impact on JSS, only ended contracts do. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths