🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Milestone paid, but the client isn't clos...
Page options
rachel_usha
Community Member

Milestone paid, but the client isn't closing the job nor responds to my messages.

Hello, everyone, I hope you're doing well.

I completed my milestone on time (ten days ago), and the client released the payment. However, he isn't closing the job nor responding to my messages - I messaged him twice. He told me he would review the work later, but then he never messaged me despite being online.

He has been very nice to me, so this behaviour is quite strange. I currently have no active milestones.

Would this affect my success score?

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Rachel,

Contracts with no client feedback, including ones you ended or left open and inactive, do not affect your score unless you have excessive contracts with no feedback.

You can also close the contract from your end at any time. Once you`ve closed the contract your client will receive a reminder to provide feedback on your contract. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Rachel U wrote:

Would this affect my success score?

No. Don't keep sending messages to the client. If the client doesn't get back in touch in a month or so, just close the contract yourself.

Okay, thank you, Petra!

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Rachel,

Contracts with no client feedback, including ones you ended or left open and inactive, do not affect your score unless you have excessive contracts with no feedback.

You can also close the contract from your end at any time. Once you`ve closed the contract your client will receive a reminder to provide feedback on your contract. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you, Goran!

Goran V wrote:

Hi Rachel,

I am one of those who believe that nothing in the universe is constant, everything is in motion, in a state of constant flux.

Contracts without feedback affect the JSS to the extent they are not there to help you weather the impact from a negative outcome.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths