🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Milestone
Page options
vimaljames
Community Member

Milestone

I see token to initiate when i open the contract which has started under Milestone.It says $ 11 (funded).What does this mean?* Next to this it says Submit work or Request Payment.Can you explain what this is since i am new to this upwork thing.

3 REPLIES 3
holymell
Community Member

Yes. That is the amount your client is willing to pay you for the first part of the project. It's funded, so that means the money is waiting for you. When you've done the work to fulfill that milestone only, that's when you hit the submit work button.

Make sure the milestone is clear and that the client isn't trying to make you do a ton of work for eleven dollars. Don't do any more work until he has approved your work submission, then move on to the next milestone.

If he asks you to do extra work that was not included in the original eleven dollar milestone before he approves that milestone, tell him you're happy to start that extra work as soon as he approves the original milestone and sets up and funds another milestone for that extra work.

But make sure you accept the contract if you want to work with this client. If you don't accept the contract, you get no money.
kat303
Community Member

@Vimal J wrote:

I see token to initiate when i open the contract which has started under Milestone.It says $ 11 (funded).What does this mean?* Next to this it says Submit work or Request Payment.Can you explain what this is since i am new to this upwork thing.

-----------------------

From what you wrote, I take it to mean that the client only funded $11 for the first milestone. I don't know if this was the price both of you negotiated for the amount of work required for milestone 1 or not. If not, and you continue to work, and submit your work, that's what you will be paid no matter what was agreed on.

The Submit Work/Request Payment is what you click on when the work requirements are completed for milestone 1.

Since you don't really know the procedures and what to look out for, I Strongly suggest, for your own benefit to read all the information in this link before you apply or work on any more jobs. https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/Getting-Started-on-Upwork/m-p/264214#M2460

You don't jump  into somrthing without reading information about it.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Vimal, 

Melissa is correct. A funded milestone means that the client has funded the agreed amount in escrow, and you could safely start working on your project. If the milestone hasn't been funded, kindly request your client to do so before you can start working on your contract. 

When you have completed the work, submit the project by clicking on the Submit/Request Payment button. Your client will have 14-days to ask for any revisions on the project. If he doesn't request anything within 14-days, the payment for this project will automatically go to your account. 

Seeing as you are new here, please read up on the freelancer resources for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. For more information about working safely through Upwork, please read these tips for avoiding questionable jobs.

UPDATE: Vimal, please also make sure to read up on the email and follow the instructions sent to you by the team to clear your account of any issues. Thank you!

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths