🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Milestones - I've received milestones, now wh...
Page options
erin_webster
Community Member

Milestones - I've received milestones, now what?

Hi - I am a new freelancer and my client keeps issuing me milestones. They are all work we've agreed to but I'm not sure if I'm supposed to "do" anything with those milestones. Do I need to accept them or just know that they are there? I am doing the work but just not sure if I have to do anything with the actual milestone on the contract. 

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
mtngigi
Community Member

If you're new, it might be helpful for you to peruse the wealth of information for both clients and freelancers found under the question mark icon on your account page. Do a search for milestones and you'll find plenty of information about how it works.

Thank you but I've serached there for milestones and it seems that the only information that is coming up is for the employer and not the freelancer. What I've seen about Fixed Price contracts seem to indicate that I don't need to do anything except for the work. Then once the work is approved the employer approves the milestone. Does that sound right?

@Erin W wrote:

Thank you but I've serached there for milestones and it seems that the only information that is coming up is for the employer and not the freelancer. What I've seen about Fixed Price contracts seem to indicate that I don't need to do anything except for the work. Then once the work is approved the employer approves the milestone. Does that sound right?

There's a whole page of info: https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063748-Fixed-Price-Protection-for-Freelancers

joynul33
Community Member

First, you accept the milestone and start the job step by step and submit the job.

Thanks!

Joynul
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths