cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Milestones support

Jana K Member Since: Apr 14, 2017
1 of 2

Hi,

I am fairy new to Upworks and currently have 2 contracts open for two different clients. Both have couple of milestones from which the first one has been approved and funds released. 

However, second milestones created by the client don’t have any options for me to request approval on or anything at all. I understand client can delete these milestones if they wish.

For first job and as it wasn’t that time-consuming I have now completed the work requested within the second milestone, but client had never came back to me, I have Agreed amount and second milestone which I cannot do anything about.

With the second job I don’t want to make a same mistake as job is quite time consuming...what should I tell client? To approve the milestone before I start working, or to release it? What do they need to do on their site?

Any advice is appreciated.

JK

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 2

Hi Jana,

Please, make sure the milestone is funded by the client before you start working on it. That was you'll be able to request payment when submitting your work. Check out this help article for more information about payments on fixed-price contracts.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS