🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Minor Features That Upwork Needs Implemented
Page options
b07b7e30
Community Member

Minor Features That Upwork Needs Implemented

Hello Upwork community,

I know it can be though working with and offering a service to the world, still I believe adding minor adjustments or improvement could make the experience a little easier.

I am new to Upwork, but still, I believe the following needs to be implemented:

Proposal Delivery Status

==================

When freelancers send proposals, I believe it can be reassuring knowing that they eco system should be able to indicate on the freelancer’s side, that the proposal has been “Seen”, “Read” or “Unread”. It’s a little depressing writing unique proposal for each client and not getting any form of acknowledgement and at the end, you lose time with credits. You check the number of proposals sent, and you notice a drop but zero feedback. It makes it feel as if we send proposals to a forgotten email or black hole. It does make freelancers think/believe their accounts may have been secretly suspend, thus promting them to open multiple accounts.

Additional Scam Protection Feature

==========================

I have writing this before in the community, but I think it’s best for the platform, “NO PAYMENT VERIFIED STATUS, NO JOB POSTING”. This will save all parties so much time. I understand the process can be problematic working with various clients with different payment structures, still, something needs to be done. I have noticed the shady formats used but knowing, flagging and avoiding won’t work for long.

No To Direct Messages

===================

I read recently that you plan on adding this feature, but please, if you don’t have the “NO PAYMENT VERIFIED STATUS, NO JOB POSTING” as a policy, I think having fake job postings on my feeds is better than having it sent to me directly.

Verification Options On Signup

=========================

In addition to phone number, Government ID should be added during the signup process, may it be Driver Licence or International Passport.

I'll keep this thread alive with continous updates on issues I feel should be addressed.

Thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Thank you for your feedback, Ugochukwu, I will share it with our team. 

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Thank you for your feedback, Ugochukwu, I will share it with our team. 

~ Goran
Upwork
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Have you read forum posts? All of this has been adressed and discussed too many times to count. 

Hello,

No I haven't yet seen all posts, still getting myself conversant with this platform. Could you please respond with a link for me to get to the post? 

There must be hundreds of posts about these topics. Do a search and you'll find them. Also, if you don't want to see job posts from unverified clients, the best thing to do is use the advanced search filter, and let the more experienced freelancers apply to jobs from new clients if they want to do so (which I do!).

Okay, your position is understood.

No. There are thousands of them. 

If you have an idea that wasn't brought up before, by any means, post them here. But this is absolutely nothing new. 

petra_r
Community Member

Ugochukwu Daniel A wrote:

1. Proposal Delivery Status

2. Additional Scam Protection Feature “NO PAYMENT VERIFIED STATUS, NO JOB POSTING”

3. No To Direct Messages

4. Verification Options On Signup

1. Pointless. Such a status wouldn't tell the freelancer anything meaningful (actionable) at all. I have no idea why you think the absence of such a feature prompts freelancers to violate the terms of service and open multiple accounts? That is bizarre. I hope they aren't too surprised when Upwork deletes them all and bans them.

2. Been discussed ad nauseam literally hundreds of times. and would be commercial suicide. New clients are what keeps Upwork alive. Chasing them away to other platforms would be insane. The reason why no other platform does this is that they all know that it would literally mean fewer jobs and less money for freelancers and greater losses for Upwork.

3. If you don't like them, just ignore them. Don't decide on behalf of all freelancers.

4. ID verification costs money. The vast majority of new freelancers never earn any money so they never make Upwork any money, so it doesn't make sense to spend money on people who don't create any revenue. That's why freelancers are generally verified after they have started earning money.

b07b7e30
Community Member

Thank you for the insight,

ID Verification does cost money. Still, proposal delivery status isn't a bad idea even if it does not offer anything (actionable).

petra_r
Community Member

Ugochukwu Daniel A wrote:

Still, proposal delivery status isn't a bad idea even if it does not offer anything (actionable).

Pointless things are bad idea, especially as there are enought broken things they could spend their time fixing or useful features they could implement instead of stuff that nobody needs .

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths