🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Misc issues from a new member
Page options
9d6dfbcc
Community Member

Misc issues from a new member

I am a  new user wiith my account bewly opened today. Why did I get no bids yet after about an hour? Also, why is my name shown to the coders but coder names are not normally shown from what I can tell as it appears most use a company name or handle. Can I use a handle too? Also, why did my credit card not verify right away when I typed in the 2 deposits? P.S. Seems odd these issues must go to the community but not to upwork staff. Is support not offered for some odd reason?,I looked everywhere but there was no way to contact support from what I can see unless I am missing something. The email link was surprisingly greyed-out for me and only means to get help appears to be the community. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
cylver1z
Community Member

Hello David,

I'm sorry to hear that. I just checked your account and I could see that you just received some proposals for your job posting. You may edit your company details (Add your company name) by going to your Settings, choose My Info, scroll down to Company Details and then click the edit button. I also checked your billing method and I could see that it is now verified. Thank you!

Untitled

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
holymell
Community Member

Maybe your post was too vague or the budget wasn't appealing. Sounds like agencies are applying if you're seeing company names. Give the verification some time or see if there's another step you've missed.

Did you sign up as a client or a freelancer on accident?

Edit- looks like you're a client. That's good news! Now just make sure your job post is clear and so are your budget expectations. The verification can take a few minutes sometimes. I'm a freelancer but I had to do the same thing with the little deposits. Took about an hour for my payment method to be approved if I remember correctly. I had one client where it took a day for some reason. Just make sure you don't have to do anything else for the verification and you should be fine.

Thanks for reply and your help. The budget was little more than an educated guess. Is there a way to set a budget bewteen 2 figures, i.e. $100--$300 or other brackets and not a fixed amount?

mtngigi
Community Member

David,

There is support ... it just has to be gotten to in a roundabout way. I've flagged your post so hopefully a forum mod will come along to help you out.

@David G wrote:

I am a  new user wiith my account bewly opened today. Why did I get no bids yet after about an hour? Also, why is my name shown to the coders but coder names are not normally shown from what I can tell as it appears most use a company name or handle. Can I use a handle too? Also, why did my credit card not verify right away when I typed in the 2 deposits? P.S. Seems odd these issues must go to the community but not to upwork staff. Is support not offered for some odd reason?,I looked everywhere but there was no way to contact support from what I can see unless I am missing something. The email link was surprisingly greyed-out for me and only means to get help appears to be the community. 

cylver1z
Community Member

Hello David,

I'm sorry to hear that. I just checked your account and I could see that you just received some proposals for your job posting. You may edit your company details (Add your company name) by going to your Settings, choose My Info, scroll down to Company Details and then click the edit button. I also checked your billing method and I could see that it is now verified. Thank you!

Untitled

thank you!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths