🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Missed questions on test
Page options
arneman_kate
Community Member

Missed questions on test

I've just joined Upwork and taken my first test. About three quarters of the way through I accidentally hit 'enter' instead of 'next' and consequently missed out on answering the remaining questions. I passed the test, which means I'm unable to hide the results, but the score is below average and not a true reflection of my abilities. Given the circumstances, is it possible to either re-sit the test without waiting 180 days, or hide the results? If not, I'll have to quit Upwork until May, when I can re-sit the test.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
simonhumphries
Community Member

Hey Kate,

If you hover over the 'find work' tab on the upwork homepage, and click on 'profile', you should be able to scroll down your profile to the test section and choose for it not to show on your public profile...

In my experience, clients aren't so bothered about test results as they are interested in suitability for the role (and feedback from other clients once you've completed some jobs)- your profile comes across very capable, and I'm sure that sending some proposals across should get you some interest soon!

You'd be much better off getting some 5* reviews on your profile sooner, rather than waiting a few months to re-take a test

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
simonhumphries
Community Member

Hey Kate,

If you hover over the 'find work' tab on the upwork homepage, and click on 'profile', you should be able to scroll down your profile to the test section and choose for it not to show on your public profile...

In my experience, clients aren't so bothered about test results as they are interested in suitability for the role (and feedback from other clients once you've completed some jobs)- your profile comes across very capable, and I'm sure that sending some proposals across should get you some interest soon!

You'd be much better off getting some 5* reviews on your profile sooner, rather than waiting a few months to re-take a test

Hey Simon,

Thanks for the encouraging advice - much appreciated!

Cheers,

Kate

Kate A wrote:

Hey Simon,

Cheers,

Kate

Kate A wrote:

Hey Simon,

Cheers,

Kate

Take a few other tests, though. There is a lot of competition in your field, and you need to do everything you can to stand out. Taking tests (and only displaying very good results) shows that you are willing to invest some effort and are taking this seriously. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths