🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Missing Invitation to Interview
Page options
d994257b
Community Member

Missing Invitation to Interview

I received an email notification from Upwork Team informing me that I got interviewed for a proposal that I sent to a client. However, upon checking my profile, there's nothing on my list of interview invitations. Could you hep me figure out what went wrong?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
richard_wein
Community Member

I think you may have misunderstood the way the word "invitation" is used by Upwork.  In Upwork's terminology an invitation is when a client invites you to submit a proposal. There is no invitation after you've submitted a proposal. If the client decides to respond to your proposal,  they initiate an "interview", which immediately creates a chat room for the two of you to use in the Upwork Messages app or web page. Have you looked in Upwork Messages? 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Trixie, 

I checked your account and I only see this email that was sent out to you last 3-January - "You have unread messages for [Job post title]." Are you referring to this email? I can see that you have recently responded to the client who reached out to you regarding this project. 

If you are referring to a different email, please let us know so that our team can look into this further. I'd also like to happily note that you have received 10 Connects for responding to this interview. Robot Happy

~ Avery
Upwork
richard_wein
Community Member

I think you may have misunderstood the way the word "invitation" is used by Upwork.  In Upwork's terminology an invitation is when a client invites you to submit a proposal. There is no invitation after you've submitted a proposal. If the client decides to respond to your proposal,  they initiate an "interview", which immediately creates a chat room for the two of you to use in the Upwork Messages app or web page. Have you looked in Upwork Messages? 

Thanks for all your replies. Now I know what “invitation to interview” on UpWork actually means. Closing this thread now 🙂
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths