🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Mobile desposit
Page options
f155a661
Community Member

Mobile desposit

Hi all.  I am new to Upwork and got a proposal for doing work here in the US.  The client wants to send me $ for equipment so it has their data base entry software on it.  He is going to send me a pdf of a check for the equipent and then I use my bank for mobile deposit.  Does that sound legit?  He said it has time tracking software on it and they will reimburse me to purchase it.  Also, does everyone use paypal?  Thanks in advance!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Randall,

I've checked and it looks like the job has already been taken down because it was in violation of Upwork TOS and action has been taken on the client account. 

Please check this thread for more information on how to use the flag option found on each job post or message to report any suspicious or inappropriate content. Also, check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
slavkoa
Community Member

More here. 

It`s a scam. Do not.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Randall,

I've checked and it looks like the job has already been taken down because it was in violation of Upwork TOS and action has been taken on the client account. 

Please check this thread for more information on how to use the flag option found on each job post or message to report any suspicious or inappropriate content. Also, check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
f155a661
Community Member

Thank you so much!

re: "Also, does everyone use paypal?"

For clients to pay you?
That is a violations of Upwork TOS. You could be removed permanently for doing that.

Or do you mean to withdraw funds?

No, everyone does not use PayPal.

There are fees associated with PayPal.

You live in Texas. As with everyone in the U.S., you can withdraw money for free directly to your bank account using ACH transfer.

0ba6f10b
Community Member

Some places give you what you want. Wish you will soon solve the problem. The Node Video Editor MOD APK are the things that I want to suggest you.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths