cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Money Couriers

Rica A Member Since: Mar 9, 2017
1 of 5

Hello! Can I ask about money couriers? What if, I was hired and got some payment for it, can I use money couriers (ex. western union money transfer) to get it? Thank you! Regards.

Community Guru
Jeff R Member Since: Apr 17, 2015
2 of 5

Login to your upwork account.

Go to "settings", by clicking on the drop-down next to your name.

You will be asked to enter your password again.

Then click on "Get Paid" on the left panel.

Scroll down to "Payment Methods", and click on "Add Method" button.

A list of withdrawal options will pop up, allowing you to set up your preferred method.

Then when you get a job, make sure your client pays you through upwork.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
3 of 5

Hi Rica,

Accepting money outside of Upwork from clients you met on Upwork is a serious violation of Upwork ToS. Please, follow the instructions Jeff shared and add a payment method to your Upwork account so you can withdraw money you earn on your contracts.

You can find more information here and here.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Subash Geetha K Member Since: Jul 15, 2016
4 of 5

Hello Rica,

Below is what I could see in my "Get Paid". As you see on the top, there would be Suggestion from Upwork on the most preferred method.

Am from India and Direct Transfer to Bank in Local Currency is the recommended method. Paypal and Payoneer is doing great in their niche. Am not sure if any couriers like DTDC, DHL, blue dart has tie up with upwork to ship out check packets.

By the way, why would you think a check payment is required unless the other options doesn't work.

dtdc-courier-tracking.JPG

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
5 of 5

Hi Subash,

Please note that freelancers can set up one or more withdrawal option listed on their Get Paid page, and use them to withdraw their earnings. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS