🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Money is gone from paypal
Page options
theredbun
Community Member

Money is gone from paypal

Hello everyone,

I got my first payment 5 days ago. I withdrawed it to my PayPal, it was succesful, I could see my money in my Paypal balance. It was my my first time using PP, I didn't know that I have to transfer it myself to my bank account, so I didn't. Yesterday I received an e-mail that I should transfer my money by the end of august. So I loged in my PP right after this e-mail but my balance is now zero there. My 'activities' say that no transactions happened this week. And that is right because I didn't do anything but my money somehow gone. It's not on upwork, not on PayPal. (I wrote them a message btw. but they did not answer)
What could happen?
I'm asking for your help.

1 REPLY 1
prestonhunter
Community Member

I'm sorry you are having difficulties.

If the money was successfully transferred from Upwork to PayPal (as you say), then Upwork no longer has any control over the money. It would now be a PayPal issue.

If there was some issue or problem with the transfer, then the money will revert back to your Upwork account.

I don't know everything about what happened, but my advice would be to more fully explore your PayPal account, looking for transaction records, etc.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths