🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » More Info about offer in a project
Page options
john_sabiniano11
Community Member

More Info about offer in a project

Good day,

I am new in upwork and two day ago I got an offer from one client or employer and they asked me where they can send my payment or salary. My question is that 1. Should the offer be maide thru upwork and not directly to me? and 2. Should they course the payment to upwork and upwork to my bank or any payment method that i chose in upwork ?

I hope you can help me with this because I am a newbie in upwork.

john

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
sullivanliz
Community Member

First, you should only get paid through Upwork, anything else is against the ToS.

With a fixed price contract, the client puts the money in escrow then you get it when you submit the finished project. Hourly jobs are charged to the client's card automatically each week (you need to track the time worked). After the security period you can withdraw the money using whatever method you prefer (PayPal, Payoneer, straight to bank etc.)

You should spend some time reading up on how the system works, it's quite complicated and there is potential for getting things really wrong.

One last thing, it's possible that the offer you received is from a scammer. Be careful!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
sullivanliz
Community Member

First, you should only get paid through Upwork, anything else is against the ToS.

With a fixed price contract, the client puts the money in escrow then you get it when you submit the finished project. Hourly jobs are charged to the client's card automatically each week (you need to track the time worked). After the security period you can withdraw the money using whatever method you prefer (PayPal, Payoneer, straight to bank etc.)

You should spend some time reading up on how the system works, it's quite complicated and there is potential for getting things really wrong.

One last thing, it's possible that the offer you received is from a scammer. Be careful!

Hey Liz,

Thank you for your great help and prompt reply in my quiry.

And kindly how do you know an offer had been paid or payment is held in escrow already, is it possible to have un paid offer

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths