🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » More than one freelancer for one posted job
Page options
d782b0da
Community Member

More than one freelancer for one posted job

Hi,

Quick question for someone trialling the platform for first time! Can you hire x2 freelancers to do the same job?

e.g. If I hire a freelancer and then want another freelancer to do the same job, do these need to be separate postings, or can I select x2 people for the same role? Does assigning role automatically take the job off the table for others so you need to go through the process of posting the job again?

Many thanks,

Michael

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Can you hire x2 freelancers to do the same job?:

Yes.

Upwork places no limit on how many freelancers you can hire using the same job posting.

There is a setting that you can use to specify how many people you intend to hire. But that is only a number that displays on the job posting. You can ignore it.

I often specify that I intend to hire "one" freelancer, and then hire two, three, or more.

re: "Does assigning role automatically take the job off the table for others so you need to go through the process of posting the job again?"

Every time I hire somebody, there is a dialog box that Upwork presents asking me if I want to close the job now, or leave it open to potentially hire more people.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
yitwail
Community Member

Michael, you can hire as many freelancers as you like, but it would be considerate of you to mention in your job post that you're hiring 'x' many freelancers. And hiring someone *does not* take it off the table for other appllicants, so again, it would be considerate of you to close the job post or make it private when you've finished hiring.

Community Manager

Hi Michael,

Yes, you can hire multiple freelancers from one job post. But I'd advise posting separate jobs if the job scope and requirements are not the same for each task. That will allow you to manage freelancers much more efficiently if you require them to have different skills for different tasks. 

You will need to send a separate offer to each freelancer and outline the terms of the contract. Once freelancers accept the offers, a contract will be created for each of them. 

If you're hiring multiple freelancers, please make sure to check that box before posting the job. Once you hire a freelancer don't check the option to close the job post, so you would keep the job open and be able to hire additional candidates later.

Thank you and happy hiring! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
3478acc6
Community Member

Hi! I could not find where the box was to check if  I am hiring more than one as a trial. 

When hiring multiple, can people being hired see that others have been hired as well even though the job posting has been marked as private?

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Can you hire x2 freelancers to do the same job?:

Yes.

Upwork places no limit on how many freelancers you can hire using the same job posting.

There is a setting that you can use to specify how many people you intend to hire. But that is only a number that displays on the job posting. You can ignore it.

I often specify that I intend to hire "one" freelancer, and then hire two, three, or more.

re: "Does assigning role automatically take the job off the table for others so you need to go through the process of posting the job again?"

Every time I hire somebody, there is a dialog box that Upwork presents asking me if I want to close the job now, or leave it open to potentially hire more people.

Thanks this is helpful! I am new to this site and did not start the contract until a few days passed (and the giy started working on it) now he will not reply. He also opened access to my docs to (anyone can view) while claiming he is the only one working and does not have a team. Can you explain what might be happening here and if I need to report this?

Hi Steven,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths