🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Multiple freelancers for the same project
Page options
d5acfc87
Community Member

Multiple freelancers for the same project

Hi, I've taken a look but I can't seem to find the answer -- perhaps i need to hire a freelancer to dig through Help section... anyway, please forgive the noob.

I have created my first job on Upwork and I have originally intended to hire only one freelancer to complete it. However I have identified two candidatures I'm interested in and I would like to assign the same job to these two people. It is a literature search so it could benefit from two different perspectives plus like this I could evaluate the freelancers I could then hire on an ongoing basis. I would pay the full price to each freelancer, obviously.

My question is: is that doable (i.e. can I hire and pay two freelancers for the same job) and what do I need to know? 

Many thanks in advance

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kat,

Yes, you can hire multiple freelancers fro the same job and have individual contracts with all of them. Please follow the instructions outlined in this Help article, review these client resources for additional insight into the Upwork features and processes, and let me know if you need further assistance.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kat,

Yes, you can hire multiple freelancers fro the same job and have individual contracts with all of them. Please follow the instructions outlined in this Help article, review these client resources for additional insight into the Upwork features and processes, and let me know if you need further assistance.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

The help article talks about hiring just one freelancer.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Chris,

You will need to send a separate offer to each freelancer and outline the terms of the contract. Once freelancers accept the offers, a contract will be created for each of them. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I have been working with Upwork for a number of years hiring single freelancers working on separate projects. I need to add a freelancer to work along with an existing freelancer on the same project. In other words, I need two freelancers to work on the same project and be able to share messages (the three of us see all messages), and have a shared limit of the total hours per week that these two freelancers will work every week. Any way I could do that?

Yes. This is commonly done:

Create a Message Room and add your team to the room:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211067768-Use-Messages

Also, related:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063368-Add-or-Remove-Team-Members

How can I limit the total number of hours that a number of freelancers work per week? e.g. to 25 hours total per week for two Freelancers?

re: "How can I limit the total number of hours that a number of freelancers work per week? e.g. to 25 hours total per week for two Freelancers?"

It is easy to limit the number of hours per week that any freelancer can work.

Every hourly contract with every freelancer has a "maximum number of hours per week" setting.

You may set that to any integer value: 0, or 1, or any number. OR you may check a button that specifies there IS NO limit.

Read more here:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068258-Contract-Weekly-Limit

Sorry, I don’t think I stated my question clearly enough. How to you limit the number of combined hours? e.g. in a 25 hour per week limit of combined hours scenario, Freelancer 1 works 15 hours, and Freelancer 2 can’t post more that 10 hours.

re: "How to you limit the number of combined hours? e.g. in a 25 hour per week limit of combined hours scenario, Freelancer 1 works 15 hours, and Freelancer 2 can’t post more that 10 hours."

You can't do that.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Teodorico,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to look into your request and assist you accordingly. 

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

This link leads to a FAQ page where this question is not addressed.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths