🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Multiple upwork accounts
Page options
iamgulraiz
Community Member

Multiple upwork accounts

Hello upworkers,

My wife is a writer and she got her upwork profile approved. We use same wifi but on different devices. But sometimes she use my computer. Will it be a problem if (someday) she sign me out on upwork and logs herself in on my computer?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
waqasazhar
Community Member

Hell Gulraiz,

It won't be a problem if you and your wife use your accounts on seperate devices connected to the same wifi. But Upwork will take notice if you try to use multiple accounts on the same device. I would stop my wife from using my laptop if she had her own. But fortunately, I don't have a wife so problem solved for me.
I hope you get the point. Don't let her use your laptop for using her upwork account. 

Regards,
Waqas A.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
waqasazhar
Community Member

Hell Gulraiz,

It won't be a problem if you and your wife use your accounts on seperate devices connected to the same wifi. But Upwork will take notice if you try to use multiple accounts on the same device. I would stop my wife from using my laptop if she had her own. But fortunately, I don't have a wife so problem solved for me.
I hope you get the point. Don't let her use your laptop for using her upwork account. 

Regards,
Waqas A.

I think there is some wisdom in the caution that Waqas is suggesting.

But officially, Upwork does NOT have any rules against more than one person using the same wi-fi network, same IP address, or the same computer. As long as each person only logs into their own Upwork account.

Is it possible that your activity might trip a flag somewhere that causes Upwork to look more carefully at your accounts? Yes, that's possible. But if you're not breaking any rules and if both of you can verify your individual identities, then you won't be penalized.

To add to what Preston was saying, you'll also likely end up having to use the 2FA login every time.

Thanks Waqas, Preston and Michael for your contribution. I'm really grateful. Cheers

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths