🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Mutiple addresses and W9 vs location
Page options
david_hattery
Community Member

Mutiple addresses and W9 vs location

I feel like I'm in the endless do-loop here.  My physical address is in California at the moment.  My business (and residency) is in Florida.  Both my business and my personal taxes are filed with a permanent Florida address.  It's all good in that I file in California as an out of state resident (and the business is also registered as such) when I'm doing work in California.  I file in Florida or the state I'm performing the work in for other projects.  Upwork seems to not be able to deal with this.   I must give my California location because there is a 3 hour time difference between CA and FL and I want the potential clients to know where they can expect to find me right now.  When I update my W9 address it updates my "location" on the profile.  When I update my "location" address it updates the W9.  Has anyone dealt with this?  Should I leave well enough alone (with a CA address everywhere) until end of year and then update the W9?  Thanks for assisance. 

6 REPLIES 6
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi David,

We'll have one of our support agents reach out to you and assist you with submitting your W-9 form with appropriate information.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork

Great.  I will look forward to that contact.  Should I expect an email?

Hi David,

I apologize for the delay, I'll ask someone from the team to follow up with you as soon as possible and assist you directly via ticket. Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
ericscopywriting
Community Member

I'm in the same exact boat. It's strange that the tax location and regular location are not just separate.

Hi Eric,

Unfortunately, we don't have an option to choose a separate address for the account contact information and W-9 form and they will need to match.

~ Valeria
Upwork

What do you recommend I do then? The corporation location is not near the
city I live in.
Thanks.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths