🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » My Client has been asking me money, where sho...
Page options
4f89eea1
Community Member

My Client has been asking me money, where should I report to save others from being scammed by him?

I got a project on upwork few days ago and I wasnt aware to make a contract and he contacted me through telegram, I completed the said project within the due date and now he has been asking to send him the $200 as a "linking fee"

4 REPLIES 4
colettelewis
Community Member

Hi Zoya, I have flagged your post so that a moderator can help you. 

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

You are not allowed to contact clients off of Upwork until you have a contract through Upwork, nor are you allowed to accept payments off of Upwork. Even if this had been a real job - which it obviously wasn't - you were violating the terms of service that you agreed to when you signed up for an account. Read more here for some tips on how to avoid getting scammed again: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Community-Blog/Top-Red-Flags-for-Scams-From-Community-Member-Wes-C/b...

759e32fa

Hi Zoya,

Thank you for reaching out to us and having the initiative to protect other Freelancers from these type of schemes. Please check outthis article to know how you can flag suspicious user activities in the platform.

~ AJ
Upwork
renata101
Community Member

Hi Zoya,

One really big problem I notice is that you don't have an open contract. So the client you're talking about never hired you.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths