🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: My Client sent me an Hourly Contract but ...
Page options
haideriqbal707
Community Member

My Client sent me an Hourly Contract but his payment method is Unverified

My Client is new to Upwork, he sent me an hourly contract but his payment method is Unverified. He shared the screenshot which shows that he had entered his VISA card for the billing method and needs to wait for getting charged by Upwork within a day.

I'm wondering because even after 24 hours his payment method is still Unverified.

I thought it was not possible on Upwork to hire on an hourly contract with the Unverified payment method.

What if I log the hours on the team app?

What if the Client payment method gets Verified after working some hours?

Will I get paid for those hours which were logged while Unverified payment?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

@Haider I wrote:

1) I'm wondering because even after 24 hours his payment method is still Unverified.

2) I thought it was not possible on Upwork to hire on an hourly contract with the Unverified payment method.

3) What if I log the hours on the team app?

4) What if the Client payment method gets Verified after working some hours?

5) Will I get paid for those hours which were logged while Unverified payment?

1) Usually it takes minutes to verify, but sometimes it can take a few hours. 24 hours is unusual

2) You thought wrong.

3) You get paid for them IF the client verifies their payment method (if it lets you log time)

4) then you get paid

5) Yes, PROVIDED the client verifies their payment method (if it lets you log time)

If the client does not verify their payment method, you will not get paid.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

@Haider I wrote:

1) I'm wondering because even after 24 hours his payment method is still Unverified.

2) I thought it was not possible on Upwork to hire on an hourly contract with the Unverified payment method.

3) What if I log the hours on the team app?

4) What if the Client payment method gets Verified after working some hours?

5) Will I get paid for those hours which were logged while Unverified payment?

1) Usually it takes minutes to verify, but sometimes it can take a few hours. 24 hours is unusual

2) You thought wrong.

3) You get paid for them IF the client verifies their payment method (if it lets you log time)

4) then you get paid

5) Yes, PROVIDED the client verifies their payment method (if it lets you log time)

If the client does not verify their payment method, you will not get paid.

Thanks for the quick help Petra.

I just checked if the team app letting me log hours, and Yes it was letting me to log hours with the Unverified payment method.

What really is going on here?

Your client is having some kind of issue with his credit card. Whether it's insufficient credit available on his part or some kind of hiccup on UW's part, there is nothing you can do, he has to resolve it. Until it is resolved, you have absolutely no guarantee of being paid for any work that you perform on the contract. It's up to you whether or not to risk it. 

kat303
Community Member

Whether it's a fixed rate job, or hourly job, - whether you able to log hours,iIf a client's payment is unverified, then there are NO funds available from this client to pay you. Do you want to risk that from a stranger on the internet that you just met? I can take a picture of a stolen credit card or a card that I closed and show it to you, but that doesn't mean that card or account is good. 

It may be as small and simple as just updating the expiration date. But whatever the problem is, wait for verification.

IMO, until you get a notice from UPWORK, (not from this client in a message to you) that the clients account is not verified, you don't start working. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths