🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: My First Job At upwork
Page options
kairucharles
Community Member

My First Job At upwork

Hello!

I'm new to upwork and I have already placed about 10 bids hoping to win atleast one. Can you guys take a look at my profile and give me suggestions on how I can make it look professional enough?

Or what can I do to win my first client at upwork?

I will really appreciate your efforts!

3 REPLIES 3
e_skoldebring
Community Member

You come across as a bit desperate. Write your profile as if you have already completed 500 jobs instead of a guy desperately trying to land his first gig and is begging for a chance. For example, phrases like "Thank you from the deepest depths of my heart for viewing my profile" have no place here.

Clients dont care about you and they certainly arent out to do people favours, they are only looking for what benefits them. So focus on what problems you can solve for your clients and what skills you have in order to do it. Besides that, be polite and professional.

Also, dont try and get cute and funny, your English isnt good enough for it (and it also looks unprofessional), it just looks awkward. Stick to "profesional, friendly politeness" instead.

Thank you!

1cbfa0df5173e000e010eb1a192d6bc1_meme-hes-right-you-know-meme-hes-right-you-know_800-598.jpeg

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths