🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » My JSS drops for no reason
Page options
shahzadshezi
Community Member

My JSS drops for no reason

I've contacted Upwork support 4 times and they are not referring any agent,
My problem:
I've accepted an offer with an overdue date milestone because I forget to accept the offer, meanwhile, the client was in conversation with me and everything was going fine, after completion of work I have accepted an offer today and the client leaves very good feedback for me with 5-star rating also client was happy regarding the deadline, but when I have submitted the milestone for payment it was already overdue date and as I'm new on this platform I was not aware of overdue date milestones beside this my client was happy, after ending contract by my client Upwork reduce my JSS 2% and now it's 98%. I am here to request you to bring back my JSS to 100% and you can check all conversations and approach the client to see if he/she is happy or not. Here is the contract ID (29743846). My client already contact the support and they said, "

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

". After reading this I'm 100% sure that Upwork has a bug because I've completed 60jobs and got 5 stars from each client with positive feedback, also when I go to add feedback from that client I got an error from yesterday "Failed to retrieve the eligible work history for the specialized profile. Please, try again later." I really don't know what's going on. 
"
Please help me to bring back my JSS as I'm using only Upwork full time and I won't get jobs if my JSS is down due to COVID I'm jobless so I've only this working platform.

9 REPLIES 9
NikolaS

Hi Muhammad,

I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
shahzadshezi
Community Member

Still, no one helping me from support?

petra_r
Community Member

Muhammad S wrote:

I have accepted an offer today and the client leaves very good feedback for me with 5-star rating also client was happy regarding the deadline, but when I have submitted the milestone for payment it was already overdue date

An overdue milestone has NO effect on your JSS at all. None. Zero. Never has!

ONLY client feedback does.

The JSS never drops for no reason, it drops and you may not KNOW the reason... but here is a reason which is called "private feedback".

Also, the JSS was last updated on Sunday, so contracts that closed since aren't even calculated into it yet.

Whatever caused your JSS to drop happened between the 20th of February and the 6th of March. So you are giving your poor client hassle for absolutely nothing

You need to calm down. A 2% drop isn't worthy of that drama, no client will *not* hire you just because your JSS is 98% rather than 100%. 98% is an excellent JSS.

Thank you for adding your reply, really appreciate that,

I've asked my recent client for private feedback and she said: "she didn't give any personal or public feedback bad". JSS drops within 2 days before it was 100%. When the agent contacted me he said your JSS was 98% from the past 2 years but it's wrong I always see 100% JSS on my profile except for 2 days before. Also when I go to update feedback on my specialized profile I always face this error and am not able to edit my feedback. "Failed to retrieve the eligible work history for the specialized profile. Please, try again later."

Best Regards, 

Muhammad S wrote:

I've asked my recent client for private feedback and she said:

Don't do that. It's incredibly unprofessional and inappropriate. Someone left you poor private feedback in the two weeks prior to last Sunday. No question.

JSS drops within 2 days before it was 100%. , 

No, it didn't drop in the last 2 days. It was updated Sunday evening UTC and NOTHING that ended since is included in your current JSS. You can look at your My Stats page to see when it was last updated.

When the agent contacted me he said your JSS was 98% from the past 2 years 

You misunderstood. He will have told you that your 2-year JSS is 98% and is currently your best, because the JSS is always the best of your various calculation windows.

Also when I go to update feedback on my specialized profile I always face this error and am not able to edit my feedback. 

You can't edit feedback in your specialized profile and that error has nothing at all to do with your JSS.

shahzadshezi
Community Member

Okay I don't know what's going on, but please let me know if I can use my perk for it?

Muhammad S wrote:

please let me know if I can use my perk for it?

To use your perk you would need to know which contract caused the drop.

Do you?

To be honest I would NEVER waste my perk over something as insignificant as a 2% drop.

98% is a really excellent JSS and not worth getting into a state over.

Anything over 95% is brilliant.

shahzadshezi
Community Member

I haven't use my perk since I got the Top-rated badge, so the perk will help me to bring back my 2%?

Muhammad S wrote:

I haven't use my perk since I got the Top-rated badge, so the perk will help me to bring back my 2%?

If you actually know which contract dropped you to 98%, then, yes, but that would be such complete waste of the perk. Why would you waste your perk when your JSS is excellent?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths