Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Tax status

Highlighted
Omkar P Member Since: Apr 15, 2019
11 of 16

Hello Nina,

Thanks a ton for pretty much elaborate answer, I am doing all my work from outside US but I have US bank account in which I wish to get my income and transfer it via wire, would that be ok?

Highlighted
Nikola S Moderator Member Since: Jul 2, 2020
12 of 16

Hi Omkar,

Please check this help article form more information on using Direct to US Bank as your payment method. You may want to talk to a local legal and/or tax advisor to find out about the best ways for you to register your business and report your Upwork income to your local tax authorities.

Additionally, you may want to check this help article for more information about the Wire transfer. Please let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola

Untitled
Highlighted
Linda R Member Since: Apr 16, 2018
13 of 16

ok, just so I understand. I am Canadian, and can only work for Canadian companies or bid on CA jobs?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Ryan C Member Since: Feb 3, 2017
14 of 16

Hello Linda,

You may submit proposals to those job posts without location requirements or to those jobs where you meet the location requirement. If you're interested, you may read these articles to help you get started and know how Upwork works. You may also read this article to help you avoid questionable jobs.

Thank you and good luck!

Untitled
Highlighted
Linda R Member Since: Apr 16, 2018
15 of 16

Great, this is a good start. I'll do more research (new to this platform). So what about the tax information, I didn't feel comfortable checking the box considering Note: Only check this certification if all of these items are true; otherwise contact Customer Support.

What do you think, do I check or not, and will this make a difference?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Ryan C Member Since: Feb 3, 2017
16 of 16

Hello Linda,

If all the items stated are true, you may check the box and then click save. Thanks!

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS